edelbrock performer vs RPM

I wouldn't trust Desk Top Dyno for spit.

The runs are usually inaccurate as hell (it shows way more output than actually occurs, even when the motor is tuned correctly).

Fact of the matter is, the RPM does outperform the Performer on a lot of applications, but without a lot of experience assembling engine combinations, a pre-designed combination is going to be the most trouble free, and provided the assembly is tuned correctly (on a chassis dyno), it will provide the most trouble free (and more than likely the most) power an inexperienced engine designer/builder can find.

Ryan

milner351 said:
Unless you plan on doing some iterations with desk top dyno or the like, it's wise to do a package set up, or follow recomendations of the head manufacturer or the like.

Performer RPM with Performer RPM camshaft, and good cylinder heads will be a nice package for street / strip.

• Sponsors (?)

hrspwrjunkie said:
I wouldn't trust Desk Top Dyno for spit.

The runs are usually inaccurate as hell (it shows way more output than actually occurs, even when the motor is tuned correctly).

Fact of the matter is, the RPM does outperform the Performer on a lot of applications, but without a lot of experience assembling engine combinations, a pre-designed combination is going to be the most trouble free, and provided the assembly is tuned correctly (on a chassis dyno), it will provide the most trouble free (and more than likely the most) power you can find.

Ryan

I am going to agree. According to Desktop Dyno, my car will produce 545hp@6500 and 487@5100. And um well I know there is no way I will make that much power. Desktop Dyno just kind of lets you know what parts are better (which you can do yourself by reading the specs), but in no way is it accurate.

Dark Knight said:
I run the lightest springs they have, the short white one.. :nice:
You might have then needed more accellerator pump volume. Like swapping the 30cc unit for a 50cc. If you had the lightest spring, then the secondaries would have been opening almost instantly, causing a lean condition. Or tried a heavier spring, like a purple, to delay the opening. I had good results with the purple on my spare 5.0 I had in the Ranger on it's 600. This was about a 270-290 horse concoction that had a factory F4TE cam and 1.7 rockers. With a Ford A321 intake. Made so much vacuum at idle it would pull the secondaries open slightly, making it hard to set the idle. The purple spring fixed that and once you nailed the gas, the secondaries would open about a couple seconds later.:nice: