Edit Time

01HellionGT

Feb 21, 2013
What gives with the edit time now? Was a member on here years ago and never saw this. What's the reason for this now? I see it as making any new comer to Mustangs on this site uncomfortable and will leave if he or she can not fix their post/s. Very terrible idea the way I see it. I see you can fix it when your time is "mature". How does this help making new people feel welcomed? This only leads to problems and people leaving.

You have the younger generations of Mustang owners looking for help and the last thing they need is this. I'm back gladly to give help though with this edit time limit, I too feel I'll just stay away from this site. We're here to help not to make fun of or have them jump threw hoops to get a post removed after the time limit to edit has expired. Too late getting it removed for people here would see it well before a mod can remove it. Imo this only brings sarcasm, ridicule, or people starting trouble.

Whatever, just an opinion from another mod (myself). Inform me on why this is and maybe I might understand and stay for a while, thanks.

You know, or maybe you don't, I've been here for a minute (just try'n to sound cool and stay current) and I know nothing about a time limit on the edit button. If you're afraid of sarcasm or ribbing, while done in fun I can see some that may feel the sting and cry ' bullying '.
Half the fun here is making mistakes and have a member poke you with a stick and say ' HEY, that was dumb!!!'.

Reactions: 1 user
Been away for work and forgot bout this place, it happens.

I asked "What gives with the edit time now? Was a member on here years ago and never saw this. What's the reason for this now?" with an explanation. Yet I only get sarcasm. No good response to actually try to help me understand, thanks. Well, maybe the General just a bit. He was honest and said he didn't know. I've had my share or hacking and given some where needed. I'm no stranger to it and seen it especially at the job I do, where its in person (and needed so they wont accidently kill themselves - wake up call) and where most keyboard commandos would cower in the corner.

Never said anything bout making mistakes as in information. If I do make a mistake I will admit it. Others that know me, on many other forums, know this. I'm talking of making mistakes in spelling, in punctuation, and the use of words.

Rick roll? Really? Come up with that all on your own did you?

I feel the system of no correct / modify before a set "maturity" is in poor standings, especially for the younger people. This seems just like an open door for some others who think they are elite or special to start being....whatever.

Always love seeing this from others "..I think there has been a misunderstanding. You are welcome to stay or go as you see fit..." This is sarcastic, not original, and yet not answering my questions. One would think the "Admin Dude" would have the answer and explain. I will reiterate them again .... "What gives with the edit time now? Was a member on here years ago and never saw this. What's the reason for this now?"

Here's and idea....If you want a place that has an open forum here for full no holds bar bashing of others, then make a forum here just for that.

Not trying to tell people how to do their jobs or run the site just giving my feedback. The feedback I left is actually wanted seeing the title of this forum is the "Feedback Zone" for this site...not the bashing forum on this site.

Oh and for the record now the Edit is showing itself. I still stand by my feedback. Still would like to know if there is a reply to my questions which might help me understand. If no one knows then that's fine, just tell me.

Noted.

Just to be clear, I do not owe you any explanation as to why we do things the way that we do here. This is a private forum and if you recall, you requested permission to be here.

If you wish to remain, I suggest you jump down off your high horse and leave your presumption behind.

If you are here to talk about Mustangs then great. You will do that within the parameters of the forum that we've designed, maintained, and operated for a [lot] of years. Or you may leave.

Congratulations on getting your first like. You're making progress. Something you've said was of value to somebody. I dig it. :nice:

High horse? Asking a question and offering feedback that the admins or mods would be able to reply is now being on a high horse. All I got from you is sarcasm, threat, and being the blunt of your terrible no thought outdated joke for asking questions in the feed back and you say I'm on a high horse? Good to know asking and pointing things out is being on a high horse. If you don't know the question then just say so.

I offered feedback in the the feed back section to get a reply, which is in the parameters of this forum, the feedback. Feed back sections help the site and others get along and to understand. Not for forum users to be told " I do not owe you any explanation". Smooth operation here.

Shhh! It’s a secret venting process designed to keep spammers, trolls and total idiots out. It does not always work, but it is mostly effective with new members.
I hope Noobs347 appears grumpy because it is a part of the venting process. But it is probably a side effect of the job not being fun.

Reactions: 1 user
You show a start date of Feb 2013, and only 29 posts, oh, and 1 :nice:, you didn't like the delay in the edit button (if I understand correctly), I presume, from your post here, because you want to correct any spelling or grammar before any critique can be posted, which I will add is given in jest, there is a lot of fun 'poking' light hearted banter around here,
I will speak for myself here and say thank you for bring your concerns to our attention, the system that is in place has worked, with minor tweaking, for many years, I may have a little more patience than some around here and will explain that you need to let the little things go, all you have to do is cruise the 'book of faces' and read the abusive posts and look here you will notice there is none of that here.
Grow some skin and join the fun.

Shhh! It’s a secret venting process designed to keep spammers, trolls and total idiots out. It does not always work, but it is mostly effective with new members.
I hope Noobs347 appears grumpy because it is a part of the venting process. But it is probably a side effect of the job not being fun.
Noobz being grumpy is a direct reaction to drinking to much 'flavored coffee', that is, flavored coffee that is not 'coffee flavored'.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Must Die!!

Which one is Pumpkin Spice?
E2552D95-E434-456A-B73C-EF4DD433C2EE.png