Electrical eec RELAY ground wire location

HemiRick

I'd be looking at jacking under the house
Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
Where is the critical wire that provides ground to the eec relay.....where does it actually ground to the car?....89 LX 5.0 I got my car back together and have no power to fuel pump. I think during the wiring tuck I missed something.

• Sponsors (?)

Look around near the computer, it should be a green screw I think, I remember one between the computer and the door jamb or maybe down below the computer a little. Not sure if that is the one, I just remember one there.

That diagram is somewhat misleading. I have my entire control harness removed from the car right now so everything is visible. The ECU relay ground wire is the blk/wht wire that runs to the funky looking connector that ties into the negative battery cable. It integrates with other ground wires along the path all leading to the funky connector.

izfDMU8l.jpg

Look around near the computer, it should be a green screw I think, I remember one between the computer and the door jamb or maybe down below the computer a little. Not sure if that is the one, I just remember one there.
That particular wire connecting to the green screw is circuit #57, the main ECU ground.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought pins 37 and 57 were the ECU power pins.....40 and 60 are grd pins.
I've done a wiring tuck and replaced heads cam and headers and painted engine comp. Engine is now back together and cranks fine....No fuel pump prime, no Power to inertia switch, I haven't checked but prob no power to injectors.....What could i have done to kill power?, I've checked the fusible links and they are fine. Coil gets power w key on. I was thinking I killed EEC relay ground, but the large black wire near battery is connected and working.

Last edited:
I figured it out.....I had the blue keep alive power wire hooked to a ground not the pos term of solenoid. It provides power to the control side of EEC and FP relays....Where I had no power.