Eek My Blower Isn't Working!

Amya I

Aug 26, 2014
I have a 2001 V6 I jumped in my car yesterday and I had no air! I can hear the air working when I turn the to ac or max ac but there is no air coming out of my vents. I am hoping this is an easy fix that I can do myself so my husband can see I am not a total invaild when it comes to cars. LOL
Please any help would be great. I am not that worried about the ac I just know fall and winter is right around the corner and I'd love to have some heat.
Thanks
A

• Sponsors (?)

If the blower motor is working it sounds as if you may have a vacuum problem. This could be a lack of vacuum to supply the instrument panel in general or a bad vacuum actuator on one of the blend doors itself. Hard to say with out seeing it in person. First I would check to see if you have vacuum at the back of the heater control switch panel and go from there.
The diagram below is a basic idea of how the vacuum controls work for the heater/ac. This is a 96-98 specific diagram but is very similar to your 2001 and will give you the basic idea of what is working behind the scenes of your dash. Best of luck!

AC-Vacuum-Controls.gif