Efi 351w Swap

Dude.....For the love of God......

Its a wagon....it already screams “ sleeps with the fishes”.

Put some Bling on the thing and quit trying to give it the “ Argentinian Staff car vibe”

Put some shiny wide wheels on it once and for all. You have gotten close to a “cool car” a couple of times, The top pic above was the best this car has looked since you’ve had it. But for whatever reason, you keep “dumbing it down” trying to visually slow it down by putting painted police car wheels on it.

It makes my eyes hurt, and makes the thing look like ass.

Stop!

Its a baby LTD wagon for Christ’s sake. It has a 351w in it.. and because of that, fools nobody into racing you, despite how slow and awkward you make it look with stock hub cap looking wheels.

If it was My car, I’d be trying to figure out a way to make the freakin thing have two doors, and ditching the rear two worthless ones. Adding some big tire, shiny wheel 5 lug bling,.....and letting the S 550 coyote “ Me too ” boys know that me and the kids just beat that ass,....

NOT trying to slash around with ugly assed white painted police issue wheels, trying to fool ricer boys into racing me.

Man up! Sleepers stopped fooling people 10 years ago....And even when it does....It was a Honda.

A Honda.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Put some Bling on the thing and quit trying to give it the “ Argentinian Staff car vibe”

Put some shiny wide wheels on it once and for all. You have gotten close to a “cool car” a couple of times, The top pic above was the best this car has looked since you’ve had it. But for whatever reason, you keep “dumbing it down” trying to visually slow it down by putting painted police car wheels on it.

Stop!

Its a baby LTD wagon for Christ’s sake. It has a 351w in it.. and because of that, fools nobody into racing you, despite how slow and awkward you make it look with stock hub cap looking wheels.

If it was My car, I’d be trying to figure out a way to make the freakin thing have two doors, and ditching the rear two worthless ones. Adding some big tire, shiny wheel 5 lug bling,.....and letting the S 550 coyote “ Me too ” boys know that me and the kids just beat that ass,....

NOT trying to slash around with ugly assed white painted police issue wheels, trying to fool ricer boys into racing me.

Man up! Sleepers stopped fooling people 10 years ago....And even when it does....It was a Honda.

A Honda.
Alright. I'm gonna say it.

This is Mike's best rant ever, and I agree with every damned word in it. :rlaugh:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Stop!

A Honda.
It’s all good. I prefer the sleeper look. You should actually be pleased that I am having Cobra R rims put on it. They will expose the big brakes in the front. As far as tires I am going to 255/40r17’s up front and 275/40r17’s out back. There is a lot that I want to do to the Daddywagon but in the end I’d like to stick to the sleeper theme that inspired it. I promise that the next wagon will be mid-engine pantera drivetrain, flared fenders and quarter panels and 2 doors.
full.jpg

Last edited:
The company refinishing my wheels sent me some pics. I believe they have been stripped of chrome and are in the preparation phase for gloss white powder coating.
full.jpg
full.jpg

I still have to paint the Brembos red. Also touch up the rear calipers. Ignore the lawn. I bought a rear tine tiller on craigslist. I'm gonna till, grade and seed... soon.

Those turned out really nice and look great on your car! That was a good choice, even if you didn't go with the wood-grain powder coating option. Some rip on the Cobra Rs as being cookie cutter, but I like them for a clean classic look. That's why I run '98 Cobra wheels on my car, I just wish they were wider.

Those turned out really nice and look great on your car! That was a good choice, even if you didn't go with the wood-grain powder coating option. Some rip on the Cobra Rs as being cookie cutter, but I like them for a clean classic look. That's why I run '98 Cobra wheels on my car, I just wish they were wider.
Yeah. I really like the 1995 Cobra “R” rims. The 98’s are just as awesome and they fit over the Brembo also!
Why the heck did Ford not build something like this or an SHO wagon? The Merc Marauders were a good start. I’m not into fake wood grain panels, but it’s somehow right.
Agreed! Thanks!

I still have plans to restore the Daddywagon cosmetically. I have a lot of plans. Imagine perfectly straight bodywork with all the wood grain glory like new. A nice even tint on every piece of glass. Sound deadening in every corner. A “Camry” quiet exhaust that goes straight pipes at the touch of a button. Naturally aspirated 600 at the wheels. Rolling burnouts in third gear! LED headlights! Six forward gears with 2 overdrive gears! A Bluetooth sound system! Ice cold air conditioning that causes condensation on window glass on hot and humid days. There is a car with 4 doors that I can buy which would put me closer to all of this and I am in the market for one... eventually. Production on that car ended in 2017 so the used market is hot. Until that day when I can afford this car I will keep plugging away at The Daddywagon working towards the goals listed above. I turned 50 years old this past month. Time and money are the enemies.

I am skipping the LED and HID headlights. They do not aim the same as a stock bulb and should take a different reflector and housing, and the hid takes rewiring. The new Sylvania silverstar or other high output halogen bulbs have addressed longevity issues and are bright enough to blind owls in the trees on high. Save the money towards paint and body or tunes.

Every time someone pulls up behind me with led headlights I want to get out, walk back to them with a tire iron and bust those headlights out.
Sorry for the rant.
Not sorry about the busted headlights.

I am skipping the LED and HID headlights. They do not aim the same as a stock bulb and should take a different reflector and housing, and the hid takes rewiring. The new Sylvania silverstar or other high output halogen bulbs have addressed longevity issues and are bright enough to blind owls in the trees on high. Save the money towards paint and body or tunes.
Every time someone pulls up behind me with led headlights I want to get out, walk back to them with a tire iron and bust those headlights out.
Sorry for the rant.
Not sorry about the busted headlights.
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/headlight-upgrades-for-your-64-78-mustang.887795/ There are similar kits out there for rectangular lights. Out of the different upgrades out there, they seem like the best overall solution to me, with them being much brighter, using the factory wiring, and able to be aimed normally.

I was thinking about trucklite brand headlights. On the commercial side they are a well recognized brand. They have a 4x6 low beam and a separate part number for their 4x6 high beam. We're talking $150 per light though. Aimed properly I would imagine these would be perfect. Especially if you consider they are intended for older big rigs. It is a lot of money I know... As far as the powertrain I really want more engine and more transmission. More engine first. My first choice is bored and stroked naturally aspirated. Boost is my second choice. T56 is the only upgrade I am considering for the transmission.