EFI Solutions or Custom Chip?

juicedgt02 said:
maybe you guys can help me, actually my brother and his 2001 SC saleen, he needs a tune and was told that not everyone knows how to tune a car that uses liquid to air intercoler so can u help or recommand someone in the New england area :shrug:

There is a tuning session in April with SCT - I know the weekend is filled but there maybe a couple of cancellations from what I've heard. Check out the sticky here or in the New England forum for details.

Jerry tuned my car and it runs perfect.

• Sponsors (?)

What about those of us who have a piggy back chip now thats been dyno-tuned. I have a diablo chip. I understand that there are more parameters with the efi solutions reflash. But are there actual gains over a normal piggyback chip. I'm dynoing 256 rwhp and 302 rwtq, just wondering if its worth the trouble to go the efi solutions route.

Josh

MustangLife said:
What about those of us who have a piggy back chip now thats been dyno-tuned. I have a diablo chip. I understand that there are more parameters with the efi solutions reflash. But are there actual gains over a normal piggyback chip. I'm dynoing 256 rwhp and 302 rwtq, just wondering if its worth the trouble to go the efi solutions route.

Josh

I am going to get the EFI , so when i go to the track I can plug it in turn up the timing etc. and run race fuel for the track . Where a chip you arent able to just adjust when you want to .

athensoutkast said:
Who is this "Tim" and where in Ga is he? I'm in Athens (30-45 min. N.E of ATL) I need my ecm flashed. Looking for the best around.

The best around here is MV Performance in Statham. His name is also Tim. He is a lot closer to you if you are in Athens, too. Give him a call at (770)725-7862 or just ride out to his shop, he is just off of the Atlanta Hwy as you come in to Statham. There are directions on his website. Tell him Shane with the Bullitt recommended him.

www.mvperformance.com

The "Tim" they are talking about runs T&J Performance in Atlanta. He goes by Cobra Killer on Stangnet.

FWIW
Haven't read through the rest of this thread but some friends of mine got the EFI solutions at JD's up near philly with Tim.

Well i heard JD has since dropped EFI solutions because he said he never got any updates from Tim and several people had problems with the tune that Tim did.

760-MPH said:
FWIW
Haven't read through the rest of this thread but some friends of mine got the EFI solutions at JD's up near philly with Tim.

Well i heard JD has since dropped EFI solutions because he said he never got any updates from Tim and several people had problems with the tune that Tim did.

The Tim I was talking about id Tim Barth the owner of T&J Performance.............who are you talking about?

Bullitt_#1346 said:
The best around here is MV Performance in Statham. His name is also Tim. He is a lot closer to you if you are in Athens, too. Give him a call at (770)725-7862 or just ride out to his shop, he is just off of the Atlanta Hwy as you come in to Statham. There are directions on his website. Tell him Shane with the Bullitt recommended him.

www.mvperformance.com

A modular car won Real Street at Bradenton this year. Pretty impressive. Guess who's car it was.

Tim Matherly from MV built my shortblock and orginally tuned my car. They do good work and were using Autologic software earlier last year. I don't know what they are using now. But I do recommend him. I don't have any experience with Tim at T&J.

SmithAtlanta said:
No questions. Go the EFI Solutions route. The chip can't adjust the same number of parameters as the flash can.

You must not be using very good software if you can't change the same parameters in the chip version as you can with the flash. The only difference in the two is where the tune resides.

Tim is the best tuner you are going to find anywhere

I'd like to hear just how Tim was given this distinction. I mean there are people that have been in the business tuning modulars for years now but yet in less than a year he's the master. :shrug: It's certainly not because of the volume of cars he's tuned, I've yet to see any of the 2004 winners from the FFW or NMRA sporting EFI decals. Granted he's made good power with his car but that doesn't mean he's a great tuner. I made great power for the limited mods I have and tuned it myself but that doesn't make me a great tuner. It just means I know what I'm doing. Just like Tim does. There is a lot more to tuning that just getting a peak number, driveability, idle, longevity are all important factors in being a good tuner. Not to mention putting it all together in one package.

Tim, this isn't a slam against you, we've had our debates and this is nothing more than that. You've put together some high powered 2V cars and I give you credit for that it's not easy, however the repeated posts by the same few people proclaiming you are the best in the industry with nothing to back it up is getting old.

Bill

Mustang92 said:
Tim, this isn't a slam against you, we've had our debates and this is nothing more than that. You've put together some high powered 2V cars and I give you credit for that it's not easy, however the repeated posts by the same few people proclaiming you are the best in the industry with nothing to back it up is getting old.

Bill

Amen !

Well regardless of whos claims whos the best , Tim tuned my car and it drives smoother than a caddy . And put down 370 to the rear wheels with only 16 degrees of total timing and only a 15 minute cool down , no intercooler . I know he will get my business again .

I guess we'll quit recommending EFI to tune other peoples cars when you quit recommending SCT.

I do beleive that we need to come to some agreement on trouncing tuning threads on non Modular Depot / Modular Mustang boards, though. I also apologize for closing that thread last night. I will post over on our board to cool it on pounding SCT threads on other boards if you will do the same on your board about EFI threads. In threads where people are asking for tuning opinions, we need to stick to our own experiences with a tuner and not be negative towards other tuners. If we can do this then things will be better and the user can make a better decision.