EFI to carb wiring in sn-95?

pikappaphi

Mar 4, 2002
Illinois
All the carb conversion stuff I have read has been for 87-93 stangs... what about 94/95? What do I need to wire up after removing the efi harness? Will the ABS and airbag system still work, or should I rip that stuff out as well?
What about wiring the gauge senders back up to the body harness?? Anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

You can keep all of the accessories, gauges etc. are you tring to keep the stock ignition, or going msd, you can keep your stock but sooner or later you need to upgrade, for the stock ignition there is only one wire you need, it is off the main harness on the passenger side firewall, I believe it is green and red, at work now and the car is at home so going off of memory, but you hook that wire up to you ignition, I went with a 87 F150 ignition and it works fine, can have pics if you need them, the oil pressure and temp gauge are also on that harness, you will definitly need a hi volume fuel pressure regulator also, the fuel pump wire is on the TFI, I think thats what its called. I would suggest you get a Haynes book because it shows the whole wiring diagram of our cars, also MSD makes a stand alone ignition that comes with the MSD and distrubitor for around $450 bucks, the stock ign works but just doesnt seem to reliable. What part of Illinois are you from.

yep thats the harness I was talking about, and the gauges are on that harness, when I unplugged that harness, got nothing out of the car, so you may need to keep it, I was thinking of getting mechanical gauges, I took my oil and temp sending units from my old engine, temp worked, but the oil didnt.