Exhaust EGR and SMOG Systems - KOEO code 34

40 great so you do know something...
Just kidding and trying to get an indication who I am talking to.
Thanks I'm 62 not retired but collecting my some of my retirement
I'll die with a wrench in my hand if I am lucky
I'm out here day and night messing with this car I thought it would be easy being a older car nope I was wrong but I went to high school for autobody and did that for 10 years and landscaping but cars have always been my passion my wife don't understand it I feel like if I leave something unfinished it haunts me to fix it

• Sponsors (?)

Being able to do body work is sure a plus
The rest will come.
Fix it one broke system at a time
Put a thin metal plate under that egr valve and let the next owner deal with that
Fix the air and the heat
and everything else.. Stereo brakes windows doors

I agree with M5L5 I think you have most everything. I don't have the smog pump on my car but I have the EGR. I remove all the vacuum related stuff for the smog ran a new line from the manifold to the EGR regulator solenoid and a line out of the solenoid to the EGR valve. It's very clean when done that way.

I my experience the EGR valve will hit an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator like you have, and that's probably way you don't have one. I'm not sure the point of the adjustable FPR in most builds as it is really just a band aid to try and fix a bad setup. I would go back to a stock regulator.
hey sorry it's a old post I'm having the same issue I need to run direct lines I just blocked off the back of the heads it's the evr or maybe the EGR I have to try to run the lines as u said

The back of the heads is the thermactor or air pump system
With the one way valve on top so it wont shoot hot exhaust into the rubber hoses from the air pump and melt them
I'm trying to figure out what to do with the lines to the evr I seen in the post the guy ran 1line from the nipple with the fpr to the evr then one line to the EGR this has been my whole battle is the vacuum leaks

I would have to get a vacuum schematic for your car to help much
Basically you need a EVR and possibly a transducer and then to the EGR valve
The FPR should just go to manifold vacuum the red one Green to the EGR
So the EVR gets full manifold from its red line and bleeds off the vacuum under the cap with the piece of foam that gets plugged
Then only allows vacuum through itself to hit the EGR valve when the processor commands it (the solenoid)

EGR1.jpg

So the EVR gets full manifold from its red line and bleeds off the vacuum under the cap with the piece of foam that gets plugged
Then only allows vacuum through itself to hit the EGR valve when the processor commands it (the solenoid)
would any of these make the motor run hotter when I capped the nipple on the manifold it seemed to run smoother it's a 91 mustang gt with the smog pump gone heads blocked off I may have just found a crack across the EGR where the bottom bolt goes

do I block off the one next to it cause u have the fpr and the vacuum for the brakes and one that I run back to the block