egr issue possibly?

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
i had a buddy call me with a 94 mustang needed his rockers adjusted had a few that were loose and rattling.

cars got aftermarket heads decent size cam, think its a bbk intake. the intakes a little taller then stock, so the previous owner who put that on cut the EGR tube and put a piece of copper to extend it.

now its not sealing worth ****, leaking in a few different areas after messing with it. the car wont even idle would the EGR leaking cause this? or is there something else i should be looking for?

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what you mean since I cannot see what your speaking of (post a pic if you can). I don't think the EGR would cause the car not to idle by itself. Again without seeing exactly what has been done I'm guessing but I've never heard of the EGR causing idle and stalling issues. However it could be this combined with the EGR vacuum hoses missing or disconnected. There is a vacuum tree with connector for the EGR that has 4 lines. The other side of the connector (4 lines) runs into the passenger fender. Now if this is disconnected / broken, etc. combined with the EGR broken tube, well now you have an issue.