EGR, SMOG & P/S Eliminator kit

MikeR351w

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2001
Wisconsin
I have just about had it with this bracket I bought! I might as well just buy a underdrive pullley kit from March Perf. I want the Alt, Crank, and Water pump kit. Will not having a smog pump make my 5.0 run bad or change the idle?? I currently dont have the EGR hooked up since i think a line from one of the heater core hoses goes to it to keep it cool which I dont have because I no longer have any heat or air in my car. This is a quarter mile only car but I dont want it to have a bad idle. So how bout it. Is eliminating the smog pump a bad idea?? If I disconnect the P.S. pump and drain the rack, will the steering rack lock up?? If not is it dangerous to operate the rack without fluid?? Any help would much appreciated!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

All that I can comment on is the smog pump. I got an ASP eliminator kit for around $50 shipped from Summit. I installed it the same time I was putting on LT headers and a Dr. Gas offroad x pipe. The Dr. Gas doesnt have a smog pump line on it, so, since I wasn't running cats, it wasn't needed. Eliminating the smog and all of its lines doesnt cause the car to run bad or change the idle. It will give you a lot more room under the hood though :nice: .