Ehhh... Rims and tire advice?

Stray152

Mar 5, 2009
OK... im kinda broke. if you saw my previously posted parts list you know why... See ive got a comp orange car, and stock rims 04 pony rims. I think only silver/white rims look right on an orange car for some reason.

Anyway, Me and my brother were driving back to base right before i deployed. We were rolling and all of the sudden my rear tire just shreds... out of no where. If i didnt know better i wouldve thought some one shot it out.

They were some rip off tire i paid like 400 bucks for a set back on base. "Clear"s i think. They have a Sumi HRTZ(or whatever one looks like repeated V's) style tread. Long story short my car is sitting on a donut right now... I found a place online that sells that tire but i dont know if i want something that ****ty on my car again. If it had been a front tire i might have had an accident. There was almost no miles on the damn thing. At the same time it doesnt seem to make sense to buy Nitto's or something for 8 inch rims... if they even make them for that small.

So my thoughts are:

Do i just buy another clear for a 100 dollar fix?
Do i waste money on two new good tires for 8" rims?
Do i waste a TON of money on new silver (not chrome) 'S' Styles and tires all the way around?

This is a tough choice, are there any other reasonable options? If i buy new rims i'll have to cut out some performance stuff and i really really don want to do that....

Uhh... help :(

• Sponsors (?)

well this is how i look at the whole situation. you said you really dont wanna put those crap tires back on and i completly agree. :notnice: you say you dont wanna put good tires on because that would take away from performance mods but to me a good set of tires is a very important mod. i say you get a nice set of street tires. if you have the extra dough then get your wheels also. you will never regret buying a nice set of wheels because they will make you like your car that much more every time you look at it. plus then you can get the 10.5 wide wheel for the back and really stick some rubber to the ground. :nice: but as always it's going to come down to how much money you wanna blow right now.

It's all preference. Personally, I'll have the front two tires moved to the back, put 2 good tires up front. As you mentioned, the last thing you want is a front tire blowing. Wheels are nice, but not a necessity. I agree with the above, since I got my new wheels every time I look at my car I love it that much more. However, I'd probably get the same or even a better feeling if I knew I had a vortech under the hood. For me, I've been going for looks over performance. I want my car to look good, but could care less if it is the fastest around. Others will drive a car that looks like crap, but it'll run with the best of them. Which one are you? When you make that decision, it'll mean wheels or performance mods. One things for sure, get those crappy tires off there.

I guess your right it depends on what i want..... Maybe i'll hold off on getting the new bumper put on and painted until later.... ****. That will free up enough cash to buy the rims/tires. Ok i gotta re-look at my budget. Ugh i finally have money for once in my life i dont want to dust ALL of it on my car.... but.... What sucks is that i really like the look of the stockers.