eibach pro street s coil over kit

94GTCoupe

10 Year Member
May 7, 2006
CA
i just picked up the pro street s coil over kit #3501.710.bought it used off a wreaked 96 cobra,along with the front cobra brake set,hotchkis rear control arms with adj uppers,and maximum motorsports caster camber plates for $1250.i have the installation instructions for everything except the coil over kit.i called the eibach support line,but they said their systems are down and to call back monday.if anyone has a set and can post it that would be great.thanks in advance for reading my long-winded post and any help that can be provided.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

coiloverinstall01.jpg

coiloverinstall02.jpg

coiloverinstall03.jpg

coiloverinstall04.jpg

<br>
here's some pics of the coilovers installed.

HPIM2311.jpg

HPIM2310.jpg

HPIM2312.jpg

thanks for the pics and info, That's the same instructions that I got with my kit. I'm having problems with the front struts having enough length to get a nut on the threaded part of the strut.. this could all be becasuse I'm trying to put them on with very little weight on the front end.. the motor is out.

i'm using the maximum motorsports cc plates.here's a pic.
HPIM2186.jpg

i considered grinding a little metal off of the spacer that goes over the strut rod under the cc plate.but first i installed the system with no modifications to see how well it performed.i drove the car for a couple days and did not notice anything abnormal.than i pulled the front struts to see if there was any wear on the strut rod or the spherical bushing of the cc plate.everything looked good so i left them the way the instructions said to install them.i used an impact wrench to tighten the nut on the strut rod.aslong as the threaded portion of the rod is not riding on the bushing i think it should be o.k.just make sure everything is nice and tight.

mabye this weekend i will pull them again to check for any wear and i will let you know what i find.

right on everything looks great, I'm not even sure that I will beable to get a nut on the strut shaft... the only way that I can get a nut on the strut shaft is to remove the rubber I circled in red in the 1st pic.. which then gives me another problem as seen in the second pic below

coiloverinstall02.jpg

BoltsInTheWayTwo.jpg

mine dont have a rubber bushing between the top spring plate and the cc plate.i have a steel spacer about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch long that slides over the strut rod,then the rod passes through the cc plate.

did your kit come with the steel spacer that slides over the strut rod under the cc plate?if so,does the spring top plate still hit the underside of the cc plate?it could be the spacer's under the top plate of the CASTER CAMBER PLATE are too tall,if you install shorter spacers under the CC TOP PLATE it would move the coilover assembly down and the SPRING TOPPLATE should clear the underside of the CC PLATE.just a thought.

if i'm not too lazy today i'll try to take a pic of the steel spacer that slides over the strut rod if you dont have one.if you do please let me know so i dont have to remove mine.

your car's a fox body right?i'm not sure of the differance's in installing the coilover kit on the fox body and the sn-95's.there were parts that i did not need to use like the wheel spacers,and rubber bushing's.you could try calling up eibach and speaking to a tech.

more pics.all measurments are in inch's.spherical bearing looked perfect.no wear on the strut shaft.everything looks good.

HPIM2319.jpg

this is how it is installed,you can see the steel spacer under the nut on top of the strut shaft.

HPIM2331.jpg

wall thickness.

HPIM2327.jpg

internal diameter.

HPIM2324.jpg

bottom of spacer,goes against the spring top plate.

HPIM2321.jpg

outer diameter.

HPIM2320.jpg

length.

HPIM2318.jpg

the amount of thread that comes through.

HPIM2332-1.jpg

the spacer's under the plate the arrow is pointing to is 1/4 inch thick,your's look to be about a 1/2 inch.could be too thick.