ELD PERFORMANCE In MD

rawsn8k

Oct 23, 2003
Maryland
Well since the last thread was closed due to some serious trash talking, I am starting a new one to explain my experience with ELD Performance. I had bought small stuff from ELD for quite some time and had just purchased my 95 Cobra with a 347. I went to a Dyno-Day at ELD one Saturday and had my car dyno'd. It came out to 308 rwhp and 380 rwtq. That didn't look right to me. So I showed my dyno sheet to Brian and he pointed out that due to my car still having the Cobra processor, the processor sarts to pull timming out at 3500 rpm. Which is why the hp on the dyno sheet went flat at 3500 rpm. A coincident? Not quite. So, under the recommendation of Brian, I purchased a PIH comversion, BBK Cold Air kit, and a Pro-M 75 mm Bullit, and had his shop install it. When I went to pick up my car and received the bill, I noticed that the labor was more than we agreed upon. I talk to Brian and he explained to me the difference. Because I was not aware of the additiona charges, Brian removed $150 from my bill. Now that is what I call taking care of the customer. I do have to admit that my idle was still lopey(?) after the work was done and I was told that the PIH kit would cure that problem. Well it turned out that I had a vaccum leak, not caused by any work performed by ELD, but by myself. Since having the woek done by ELD, I have added a 70mm TB and had my car dyno'd. The results, 427rwhp and 417rwtq. Keep in mind that the last dyno was not done on the same machine but damn, what an increase. I have to say, I have and will deal with ELD in the future for things that I can't do myself and get off of EBAY.

Yes, I am addicted!!!!

Thanks
RAWSN8K

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Todd........

Glad to hear your Cobra is up and running as strong as we thought it would. Any more new toys? I know you always had a "want" for more....I'm surprised you haven't gotten an 03 Cobra and started fooling with it? But then again a 500 flywheel horsepower 95 Cobra is far from boring right? Stop by and see the shop, Brian and I just remodeled the place when I was in from Richmond.
New carpet, coat of paint, more new parts etc. He called me yesterday and said the new dyno was supposed to show up today!!!

And as far as the other thread? All I'll say is Red had to get the last word and then locked it...what a pansy for a moderator =)