Eleanor front end update

• Sponsors (?)

To fix any hood-shape problem is relatively easy. The 'glass skin of the hood is VERY flimsy (even on thick hoods like Maier) and relies on the support structure for shape. So to fix too much bow, for example, you need to slice the skin away from the inner support (I used and air cutoff tool) then remove enough of the structure to allow the hood to lay down in the correct shape, then 'glass it back together. To fix a "flat" hood, separate the skin and support, prop the hood skin into the right shape and 'glass it back together. Remember, no matter which of these problems you have, the hood needs to be upside down to re-glass it, this means lots of before-and-after measurements BEFORE you cut anything. Otherwise, you won't know the amount of bow to put in or take out. Another trick I think MAY work on a flat hood is to use stock hood springs. Why? Because using them causes the hood to bow, which is exactly what you want, right? Anyway, it'd be worth a try if it were my hood. Feel free to PM me with any 'glass related problems, since my clone has given me waaaay more experience with fitting 'glass than I need, and hopefully someone else can benefit from my "do-overs" and learning the hard way.

The Hopkinator said:
Just saw this thread,, Wow! Thats the best looking 68 coupe Ive ever seen !
Thanks !
speedy66 said:
nice.. that true blue is going to look sweet on it... May i suggest doing some ghost stripes down the center
Been thinking about something like that. :nice:

BTW - I cut out the small fog light holes in the upper nose section (just next to the headlights), and put in my parking lights from my lower valence in them. It was dark by the time I was done. I turned the parkings light on and got wood ! OMG it got me excited ! Looks awesome. Gotta cut out the headlights, and put them is soon. My billet grills just arrived. I kinda placed them in tonite. More pics to come w/ headlights, and parking lights installed as (mentioned above), and the billet grills ! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

68 & 00 GT said:
BTW - I cut out the small fog light holes in the upper nose section (just next to the headlights), and put in my parking lights from my lower valence in them. It was dark by the time I was done. I turned the parkings light on and got wood ! OMG it got me excited !

:rolleyes: ...WAAAAY too much information there bud... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Check your messages...

wow, really nice looks like something that i was kinda going for, cept i am going old school, suits me and my car better, but i really like the hood thats the one i'm planning to get, and i was also looking to get the rear spoiler, where did u get? (if don't mind)

Oh yea, very nice colour combos too

Here are a few updated pic. I can't believe it's so dark by 5:30 when I get home. Anyway the pics probably aren't so good ......
Added upper and lower billit grills, and parking lights.

attachment.php

attachment.php

nnnick said:
that hood still doesnt line up very well...
but the grilles look super clean, i like it.
Thanks for the compliment -
It's mainly a bad hood hinge on the passenger side. I just keep forgetting to push the hood down in the back after closing the hood. Should have before I took the pics at least. It's also still a little crooked. Hard to get the bolts tightened up in the right place when it's not lined up until I again have to push the hinge down. But no the hood it's self is still not perfect. Lots of work to be done still ! I'll push it down, and straighten it out and take another pic or two this weekend after I get the headlights in. :nice: