Build Thread Eleanor Is Getting A Coyote Swap!!

Restriction valve?? I was reading this thread and the guy was saying he had to get the fitting off a factory hose because the other fittings with the O rings would leak. Did you have to do this?

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?8495-How-To-Coyote-Power-Steering
I don't think there is any restriction valve in the system on his car . It also uses a hydro boost for the brakes that was made by hydratech .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So guys I managed to get my clutch in ,bellhousing ended up torque to 35ft lb as per QuickTime instruction , finished up the Wilwood big brake kit in the front..... Matching rears in the future . Had a busy day but I finally stopped procrastinating and bough my self some wheel dollies and I love them! My garage isn't all that big so it helps . Due to my new front suspension I'm using spacers for now because the wheels hit the bump steer and way to close to the calipers. Sooooo I will be getting same wheels but with a 3" lip and 18s to help clear any issues. Currently I'm running 17x8.5 front and 18x11 rear. I wish I would have just gone bigger in the front with a wider lip for the more aggressive look but hey we live and learn. A couple pics . I wished I would have started this thread when I first got my shell on wheels.

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpeg
I was going to proceed and install mate my trans to the engine BUT I hit a bump! :bang:Once again! I'm measuring from the face of the bellhousing to the fingers of the pressure plate. It seemed like I couldn't get an accurate reading because when I would measure a different finger it would give me a different reading. Fluctuation between .012 thru .090 . So am I measuring wrong here?!! I'm using the highest point of the finger. I'll attach a picture showing where I'm measuring from. I thought maybe I torqued the pressure plate bolts wrong somehow so I re did them. Star pattern with first being tightening them till they where all evenly snug then I started to torque @25ftlb then star pattern once again to @35ftlb as instructed on the McLeod instruction sheet. This did nothing different . Again!! Numbers where not the same. On top of this I have to machine the chamfered spacer I got because it's too tall and it makes the Throwoutbearing touch the face of the pressure plate fingers . I need to trim it down so I can get the recommended .125 space. I'm done for the day I believe I need to feed my body.... I get to into it sometimes and forget :nonono:

Looks like it's coming along so far despite the hurdles.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Anyone have any input about measuring for a Hydraulic Throwout bearing? I know I correctly installed the pressure plate so is it norm that each finger gives me a different measurement?

Anyone have any input about measuring for a Hydraulic Throwout bearing? I know I correctly installed the pressure plate so is it norm that each finger gives me a different measurement?

I don't know much about the hydraulic bearing that you're using but the EOM TOB is designed to ride up against the pressure plate at all times.

I can't imagine that someone would design a hydraulic one that did not do the same unless it came with its own bracket that positively located the thing.

Let's see if @RacEoHolic330 knows anything. Not sure what setup he's running but it might be similar, I can't recall.

I don't know much about the hydraulic bearing that you're using but the EOM TOB is designed to ride up against the pressure plate at all times.

I can't imagine that someone would design a hydraulic one that did not do the same unless it came with its own bracket that positively located the thing.

Let's see if @RacEoHolic330 knows anything. Not sure what setup he's running but it might be similar, I can't recall.

I'm using a Tiltin TOB 6000. So I think I have it figured out. So it sounds like it's normal for the fingers to vary in height which mine weren't extremes . I'm talking with in 78 thousands . not very much I'll say.

@Noobz347 sounds like it would have been easier getting an OEM style huh. Well for now I have this Tilton one so now on my next days off I will continue with my build. I now have had the spacer trimmed and now I have to install everything and get my .125 space between the face of the TOB and the PP fingers.

I'm using a Tiltin TOB 6000. So I think I have it figured out. So it sounds like it's normal for the fingers to vary in height which mine weren't extremes . I'm talking with in 78 thousands . not very much I'll say.

@Noobz347 sounds like it would have been easier getting an OEM style huh. Well for now I have this Tilton one so now on my next days off I will continue with my build. I now have had the spacer trimmed and now I have to install everything and get my .125 space between the face of the TOB and the PP fingers.

Let us know how it goes. I'm already aware of some inherent problems with getting the multi-disk setup correctly. I'd be interested in hearing about what you think of the hydo clutch.

Let us know how it goes. I'm already aware of some inherent problems with getting the multi-disk setup correctly. I'd be interested in hearing about what you think of the hydo clutch.
Definetly will! I tried to do as much research as possible before I do anything because I hate doing the work twice . I'm the measure a billion times before cutting kinda guy :crazy: drives me crazy but who wants to put an engine and tranny together and install it only to have to take it all apart because of something that I failed to do correctly. That being said I cut my bearing retainer sleeve about 1/2" just because I know it had to be done with a twin disk . I still have plenty of tube for the TOB:nice:

Definetly will! I tried to do as much research as possible before I do anything because I hate doing the work twice . I'm the measure a billion times before cutting kinda guy :crazy: drives me crazy but who wants to put an engine and tranny together and install it only to have to take it all apart because of something that I failed to do correctly. That being said I cut my bearing retainer sleeve about 1/2" just because I know it had to be done with a twin disk . I still have plenty of tube for the TOB:nice:

I tried cutting a piece of wood over the weekend for a bookshelf that my wife insists that we need. I cut that thing 3 times and it was still too short. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't worry much at all about the pressure plate fingers not all being in the exact same spot. Once the smallest amount of pressure is put on them by the TOB, they will all be lined up properly.

I torqued my bellhousing to 45 ft lbs. Sucks big time doing that in the car.

I don't have any experience with the hydraulic TOB shimming process. Mine was a slave cylinder unit with the clutch fork. I have since went back to an MM quadrant and cable.

I tried cutting a piece of wood over the weekend for a bookshelf that my wife insists that we need. I cut that thing 3 times and it was still too short. :shrug:
I wouldn't worry much at all about the pressure plate fingers not all being in the exact same spot. Once the smallest amount of pressure is put on them by the TOB, they will all be lined up properly.

I torqued my bellhousing to 45 ft lbs. Sucks big time doing that in the car.

I don't have any experience with the hydraulic TOB shimming process. Mine was a slave cylinder unit with the clutch fork. I have since went back to an MM quadrant and cable.

I ended up doing 35ft lb on my bellhousing do you think that's enough? @RacEoHolic330

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Moving along this Friday ! I got my clearance needed for my Throwout bearing and I'm good to go! What I did was average out my pressure plate finger measurements to the face of the bell and subtracted the .125" clearance needed . Then measured from the face of the front cover off my T-56 and that's my 1/8" gap !! . Let me tell you .... Getting that throwout bearing over that sleeve was a B****! Even with lube. Its nice getting help from my Dad. He's been helping me machine things since I started my build and also getting me out of potential headaches. With years of experience he's still teaching me. As we speak he's fabing up some engine lift brackets! More dollars in my pocket for the Turbos or Supercharger funds jar! :nice:. Now I'm reassembling the front cover to the T-56. Next step will be test fitting the engine and tranny! Guys pray for me that I won't have to modify my Trans tunnel!!! Hopefully the mounts I have will lower the engine enough and not cause me more work so I can move on to installing my Hydraulic clutch pedal set up from modern driveline.

Last edited:
Sorry havent been getting the pages.... looks like you answered you trans questions, I went stock cable, centerforce dual friction clutch...

I have PS,PB and AC. sean hyland PS bracket and pump. hydroboost and custom lines. I can break it all down for you, just ask... Ill keep checking back Have some easy tricks for the brake pedal scenario etc...