electric or mechanical fuel psi

torch93

Aug 14, 2010
bakersfield c.a
hey guys just trying to decide on gettin a electric or mech. fuel psi gauge i wanna run it inside the car to my pod now i know that the mech. is gonna have fuel running thru the line and later on the road line could leak and make a nasty mess but the price for dat is gonna be less than 80buks but the electric is way safer and cleanner? but price is like 200:jaw: so what u recommend? and how would i instal the electric gauge? thanks guys:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The mechanical gauge can be installed without running the fuel line in the car. Automated and others make an isolated that essentially is an inert liquid which is pressurized by fuel outside of the interior and drives the gauge reading. The isolator requires drilling a hole to mount and is reported to be safe. The electrical version is pricey because of the sender. If you go with the electrical one install is simple. Hook up the sender to the schraeder valve and run some wires. The mechanical if using an isolator. Hook the adapter onto the schraeder valve, run some braided line or approved efi hose to the isolator and then run the isolator hose to the gauge. I have a mechanical but it is mounted on the exterior. I was going to use the isolator but did not want to drill the hole in my car. Hope this helps.