electric water pumps, any good?

D347643

Banned
Jan 28, 2003
portland, OR
ive planned to switch out my cam/lifters next week and i also want to get started on my "short belt" project, only having the crank and alt. Anyway, I have been looking at electric water pumps and i was wondering whats a good one and are they reliable, cause ive heard people having probs with them. Also does anyone run a short belt like i plan to do? if so can you post pics please?

thanks,

Drew :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

If its a mainly a street car, id probably stay away from it and use a standard water pump.If its a weekend toy or purely strip car, id give the electric one a shot and see how it worked out. Thats just me though

Had a CSI waterpump on my last 351. No problems at all. Clean install,quiet running and built for street use.
Just ordered another from summit today for my current car. Will be adding a Taurus fan setup and 140 amp alt. D&D k-member A-arms and coilovers go in next week as well as KOOKS Longtubes and Magnaflow's over the flowmasters. Hoping to break 400rwhp, This should do it no problem.

I went with the Aerospace Components pump for my drag car, pulls less amps (4amps) and outflows the other models (37gpm) and includes a 1.25" hose adapter. Comes complete with spacer block, billet block off plate and all needed hardware.

http://www.aerospacecomponents.com/wp.htm#wp

026ACSBF9_large.jpg

Attachments

• 026ACSBF9_large.jpg
    026ACSBF9_large.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 71
D347643 said:
i know they flow more but did you guys see any performance improvements?

Well, of course, you free up a pulley. Of course you load the alternator a little more so it's not all free, but the engine doesn't have to push all the mechanical parts and push the water any faster.

I think the best part would be to be able to cool the engine with the engine off. Also, total controll of the temprature!!!