Embroidery Too Big?? -new seats

Nicoleb3x3

Jun 9, 2004
southern NH
I just got my 84 GT seats redone in leather with suade inserts and plan to put them in my 93.

but I got the seats back today and apparently the girl did not "get it" when I was telling her to go smaller on the font size of the embroidery.

so...I keep them as they are
or lose another month fixing them (which prolly with just do no embroidery at that point)

PLEASE SEE PICS HERE:
http://www.gotstang.com/blogs.php?blogid=2412

• Sponsors (?)

The seats and car look great. But I agree, the font is too big. If it were me I would not be happy if the person did not follow my direction. They would seem to be liable for customer satisfaction. Take them back.

Hey Nic - looks awesome but I know you and know you'd want it smaller for a 'sleeker' look. I'd feel the same way towards mine.

Love the color scheme !:nice:

No offense, but "4 No More" looks a little bit like the beginning of some product sales slogan...

"4 No More
BUGS
Call 1-800-BUG-B-GON"

(I know, it's a 4-to-V8 conversion, that's just what first came to mind. :shrug: )

Huzzah for the Bettie Page headrests, though! I need to uncover mine, again, so that the world may see. :)

Have to agree with everyone else, it is way too big. Personally, I think those seats would look great with NO writing on them....but that's just me.

Dye the lettering black. It'll be subdued and won't look red-neck.

With the lettering subdued, the size of the font will look like it had a purpose and be part of the seat instead of sticking out like a billboard on a dirt raod.

The best part is: If you still don't like it after the dye, you can still send it back to them.

seatswa4.jpg

Viola!

seats are going back next week, they'll replace that panel with a new one,
but I'll lose the embroidery and they'll be just leather seats with suade inserts

I guess I could always have it added later, maybe to the gray area and better font (and smaller!)

If the headrests weren't netted i'd say to have them covered in matching leather.

I've been wanting to cover mine in dark charcoal leather to match my '03's seats but everyone wants big money to do it