Emergency Brake Cable connection help pls.

CoupeRon

Sep 10, 2011
Does anyone have any photos of how the emergency brake cable connects inside the drum? When I bought my 93 coupe, the guy told me they couldn't hook up the E-brake cable because they installed c-clip eliminators. Seller told me there was some "special" adapter that you need to buy to work with the c-clip eliminators. I pulled the drums and the cables are there..just not hooked to anything. It is also apparent that the bar that normally goes between the two pads (above the axle) is missing. I need to know where the cable connects to and if I am missing more than just that bar. I also called Summit and they said there is no addapter and that the original e-brake cable hardware should still work. Any help greatly appreciated guys!

• Sponsors (?)

I've got some pictures of the complete assembly and some video that may help. PM me with an email and I'll shoot them to you. Its hard to see the e-brake connection, but it should help. If I remember right, you can buy most of the small brake parts from autozone.

Thanks Rich...but I still can't quite make out what the cable attaches to. Is it a seperate arm or bracket or is it to the rear most brake pad itself? My Chilton's guide is no help at all...of course...

Here is what I have/am missing....??

Attachments

• 100_5891.jpg
    100_5891.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 111