emergency brake cable

undercnstrction

Nov 10, 2009
i FINALLY got some time to work on the car and i figured i'd have the rear axle off in less than an hour. i was under the impression that i had to remove the rear brake drum to "unhook" the emergency brake cable. this is from a guy i work with. after removing the drum i still couldn't figure out how to remove the emergency brake cable. i THINK this is the last thing i have to remove before i start working on the UCAs and LCAs. this thing is kicking my ***. can one of you guys take me by the hand and tell me how to remove the brake cable? this is really frustrating the **** out of me! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

first let the tension off under the car where the cable connect to the ebrake.... then u got to pull the brake drums off and u can tryto unhook the cable with needle nose pliers its way in the back so it can be a pain to remove and dont forget to disconnect the rubber brake line on top that goes to the body

Take the drums off then take off the rear shoes.Remove the cable from the parking brake lever.After you have the cable off the parking brake lever slide a 1/2 wrench down the cable to where it locks on the backing plate and it will compress the end so you can slide the cable out.Hope this helps.

Rear_drum_brakes_exploded_view_.jpg

sized-for-drum-brakes-16_001.jpg

sized-for-drum-brakes-18_001.jpg