SJF92

May 19, 2020
Maryland
2007 v6 model. The e brake light on the dash won’t go out. The master cylinder is full and not below the sensor. The parking brake switch in the center console works fine and makes repetitive ding noise when you try and drive it with the e-brake up. I pulled the center console apart and used a small piece of wire to close the circuit on the pigtail and that didn’t work, so I know it’s not the switch and may be the actual breaks themselves. Plenty of meat left on the pads. Pulling the e brake doesn’t engage the rear passenger mechanism, but that’s a mechanical issue and I just need to tighten and adjust the cable on that side (it actuates fine, I tested it by tapping it with a hammer to make sure it wasn’t seized). Not sure what it is. Damaged sensor maybe? Just did a break flush about about a month ago with fluid that was purchased a year ago but was sealed so I doubt water got in it. The master cylinder did run out of fluid during the flush but i filled it and flushed the air. Maybe bad fluid or I damaged the sensor? I jacked the car up yesterday and bled the rear passenger break to make sure there wasn’t any air in the lines and when I turned the car on the light was out but came on after maybe 30 seconds of letting the engine and everything adjust. Do I need to bleed the other three as well and put in new fluid again? Any advice on what to check next? All I keep finding online is 1)fluid below the sensor or 2) broken e-brake switch. Frustrating.

Update: I used a multimeter to check the continuity of the sensor on the master cylinder and the circuit is closed. Bad fluid or bad sensor. Guess I’ll flush the breaks again and find out.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors(?)

74stang2togo

Oooh! CT!!!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
2007 v6 model. The e brake light on the dash won’t go out. The master cylinder is full and not below the sensor. The parking brake switch in the center console works fine and makes repetitive ding noise when you try and drive it with the e-brake up. I pulled the center console apart and used a small piece of wire to close the circuit on the pigtail and that didn’t work, so I know it’s not the switch and may be the actual breaks themselves. Plenty of meat left on the pads. Pulling the e brake doesn’t engage the rear passenger mechanism, but that’s a mechanical issue and I just need to tighten and adjust the cable on that side (it actuates fine, I tested it by tapping it with a hammer to make sure it wasn’t seized). Not sure what it is. Damaged sensor maybe? Just did a break flush about about a month ago with fluid that was purchased a year ago but was sealed so I doubt water got in it. The master cylinder did run out of fluid during the flush but i filled it and flushed the air. Maybe bad fluid or I damaged the sensor? I jacked the car up yesterday and bled the rear passenger break to make sure there wasn’t any air in the lines and when I turned the car on the light was out but came on after maybe 30 seconds of letting the engine and everything adjust. Do I need to bleed the other three as well and put in new fluid again? Any advice on what to check next? All I keep finding online is 1)fluid below the sensor or 2) broken e-brake switch. Frustrating.

Update: I used a multimeter to check the continuity of the sensor on the master cylinder and the circuit is closed. Bad fluid or bad sensor. Guess I’ll flush the breaks again and find out.
Have someone with a scan tool that can read ABS codes scan the vehicle. If that light's on, there's a code stored.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2013 Geee T Emergency brake light coming on SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 7
5spd GT Emergency brake light illuminates when I apply the brakes quickly...? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 11
MustangLXT Emergency Brake Light in the Dash 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech 2
mootang emergancy brake light 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 13
Milenko Emergency brake light comes on when I step on brakes? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 5
extozy Emergency Brake Light Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 15
J 1999 Mustang GT, E-Brake Assembly/Wiring Failure (Help Needed) 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
Blotus Fixed emergency brake 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 1
MoDriver SOLD Real Leather Emergency Brake Boot For A Sn95 Mustang, Black With Black Stitching Interior Exterior Parts 0
HotFox WTB/Trade 94-98 Cobra Svt Leather Wraped Emergency Brake Handle Interior Exterior Parts 0
92Apocalypso For Anyone Who Has Successfully Hooked Up The Emergency Brake Properly After A 5 Lug Disc Swap.... 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 6
T Emergency Brake Cable 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 3
Johhny J Progress Thread Disc Brake Conversion Emergency Brake Question 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 3
SfcColts Ignition Switch Wire & Emergency Brake 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 2
PeteyAce Emergency Brake Tension Problems? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
McLain Emergency Brake Assembly Tore Out Of Floorpan SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 2
iyaoyas10 Emergency Brake Troubles 2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech 1
C Emergency Brake Cable connection help pls. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 3
K Custom hand brake emergency brake Classic Mustang Specific Tech 2
281pony Universal emergency brake kits, which one? Help with Baer brakes Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
N emergency brake adjustment? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 4
B Emergency Brake Classic Mustang Specific Tech 4
6 Fox body emergency brake floor setup in 68 Mustang 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 3
U emergency brake cable 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 5
C Gotta replace my emergency brake cable. Which will work??? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 2
G Replace Emergency Brake Handle Classic Mustang Specific Tech 28
T HELP... Emergency Brake Front Cable? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 4
H Parking/Emergency Brake?? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
BlackVert Patching the rubber emergency brake seal 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 11
D Emergency Brake Cable Tension 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 3
P Emergency Brake Cables Classic Mustang Specific Tech 6
M Emergency brake has rear brakes stuck.......Please help! Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 4
67FBack Emergency Brake Cable Housing Mount Classic Mustang Specific Tech 5
T Emergency brake SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 0
2 How do I adjust Emergency brake... SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 7
65up2d8 emergency brake help Classic Mustang Specific Tech 5
P 66 emergency brake help Classic Mustang Specific Tech 6
95Cbra5O Torn rubber on emergency brake..... 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 11
1320stang ? for anyone that has done the SN-95 rear disc brake swap, do your Fox emergency Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 11
7 69 coupe emergency brake cable Classic Mustang Specific Tech 1
jackchan where can you buy NEW emergency brake cables? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 10
P emergency brake Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
94GT40 Emergency brake boot? 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 12
D emergency brake rattle SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 2
C Emergency Brake Spring 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 3
S emergency brake cable adjustment Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
M Emergency brake broke?> SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 5
karlins99gt Emergency Brake Problem SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 0
tsaleen Roush Baer Brakes & Emergency Brake Special Production 2
S EMERGENCY FLASHERS COME ON INTERMITTENTLY- UNCOMMANDED PERIMETER LIGHTING TSB? 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 0