emissions test with turndowns

• Sponsors (?)

Now from what I ever knew they were illegal to run, I live in PA and all cars must have tailpipes in my county to pass emissions... I thought MD was the same way, I have a couple buddies from MD that always have issues with emmisions and they have tailpipes

mine aren't turned down, more like 3 or 4 inches coming out from the flowmaster mufflers. they are behind the axle :p... i guess it wont hurt to give it a go and see what they say. if not, it will give me a excuse to go get some pipes put on.

how much do you think it will run me to have pipes put on from the muffler back?

Put simply it doesn't matter what the law is, the only way I know a shop def won't inspect your car is if you don't have cats. They won't touch it becuase fines range anywhere from $500 to $10,000. You might get a problem somewhere but ask before they inspect it so you don't lose the money. THen go somewhere that will. As far as I am aware the Tailpipes are purely cosmetic.

Also an extra $20 in someone's hands can go a long way. Proir experiance.

Nice thing about PA is or at least here in Chester County if I stay under 5000 miles im Emissions Exempt, they just slap a sticker on there for 25 bucks and im done they dont have to look at anything.. We dont need cats for inspection only emissions..

i went in this morning and asked before i ran the car through, the guy said they have to go all the way back. and this is only because no one is going to get under the car to hook up the sniffer. i told him i'll lay my ass down under the car if i have to :p... no go so now i have to get pipes put on.

i'll be fired up :mad: if i go pay 200 bucks for some damn pipes and get a hassle about my flowmaster exhaust.

na, i didn't go to another place. instead i went and got pipes put on. i actually had to get new flows put on as well. there wasn't anything for the guy to weld pipe to most of it was rusted away. and after looking at it myself there really wasn't anyway they were going to get that big sniffer tube to attach to the mufflers the way i had them. i'm out some money but in the long run i'll be happy cause i always wanted pipes put on. its quieter now and not so ear numbing after highway driving (damn drone).

they treadmilled my car too. last time they didn't. :shrug: sounded sweet like i was driving hard in a tunnel :hail2:

I got crap about having a non-stock catback once, even with the rest of my system being stock. Just don't to A$$heads R Us to get tested.

Oh, and they refused to test my car, even with the cats. All shops are different, and different grades of losers own them. Just because it was "louder than stock", I fail inspection AND they refused to put me on the sniffer when I challenged that BS. Said I'd fail anyway. I wish I had either punched him in the face and taken my money back or had the law get into it somehow. But then I figured the law would've kept an eye out for me, so I left it alone. :bang:

a solution!

my friend had dumps and he rigged up some flex-hose and routed out to the side, it doesn't have to be out the bumper {lightning}...it worked, and then he took it off and slapped back on his o/r H-pipe. at least this worked in the chicago burbs.