Energy Issue

ok I know this isan't a stang subject but it does have to do with how our cars will be powered later. I think this is something everyone should take notice of. It talks about coverting our car to Natural Gas, which I beleave has a higher octan level of 105?. He also talks about how this could save us 38%!!!!!!!! of the 700 billion dollars we spend each year on importing oil. I'm down for that. Anyways, just my 2 cents. Just watch the vid if you got some time.

PickensPlan Pickens Plan

• Sponsors (?)

I forget what the technical terms are, but CNG doesn't provide as much energy as gasoline when it burns. So you need to use more CNG to get the same amount of power as gasoline. The reason CNG isn't much more common as vehicle fuel is that you need a tank the size of the passenger compartment to hold enough of it to do the same work as a 20-gallon gas tank.

Also, natural gas is a fossil fuel with finite resources just like gasoline. Substituting it would just be a band-aid on a gaping flesh wound.

I forget what the technical terms are, but CNG doesn't provide as much energy as gasoline when it burns. So you need to use more CNG to get the same amount of power as gasoline. The reason CNG isn't much more common as vehicle fuel is that you need a tank the size of the passenger compartment to hold enough of it to do the same work as a 20-gallon gas tank.

Also, natural gas is a fossil fuel with finite resources just like gasoline. Substituting it would just be a band-aid on a gaping flesh wound.

I concur with everything you just said, I does take more and it is a band-aid to pure electric everything! Alot of older people & and maybe even I might not have to worry about it but the generation after us will not be driving gas cars I bet.