Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts

stang9215

Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Will Energy Suspension polyurethane motor mounts P/N 4-1122 lower my engine at all over the stock motor mounts? I need about 1/4" because my supercharger belt (Kenne-Bell) is currently hitting my hood under full throttle. Under normal driving conditions, I'm ok. Or does anyone know if the polyurethane motor mounts will prevent enough movement in the engine (under full throttle) to allow for the clearance. I'm trying to retain the stock look and do not want to get a cowl hood. I'm having clearance problems due to GT-40x heads.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the info....I've heard some conflicting stories about the convertible mounts, some saying that it's a myth that they lower the motor at all. I've also heard that fox's from 1990-1993 already have the "convertible style mounts," but I'm not sure if that's correct either (I have a 1992 GT). I don't want to consider getting solid drop mounts that would lower the motor 3/4" because I really don't want the vibrations. I guess I'll just try my luck that the polyurethane mounts will hold the motor steady enough under full throttle. Thanks again.

Tweecer

I didn't notice any drop in height when I installed mine. I have heard that the convertible mounts drop the engine about 1/2".

Hey I saw that you have the tweecer engine management system for your car. I just purchased it as well and have downloaded one successful tune into the car (though I'm still have some problems with tip in under low throttle and also have an idle issue). How do you like the program? Seems like an incredible amount of information, but gives you a ton of possibilities to really tune you car optimally.

:OT: .........But I just bought Ford motor mounts for my Cobra. (Both originals were broken when I bought my car wrecked in 2001. Anyways....Those Ford mounts were stiff, and they are still in good shape. The motor doesn't move much at all...and I got over 400RWHP!! For 29.95 a peice (35.99 list) I couldn't go wrong.