Engine Bay Cleanup

Sweetmarie66

Dec 29, 2017
Hey everyone. In the midst of our 66 mustang coupe winter project I'm finally ready to paint the engine bay. (Engine installed ) after countless hours grinding scrubbing and sanding ugg. After shooting it with semi gloss black I would like to clean up the wiring to the light circuit/gauge feed/charging and starting circuit. Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to just run it along the fender around the shock towers. Wondering if you guys have some ideas or tricks. Oh and I have new harnesses for all the circuit as well. Thanks guys. Happy wrenching

• Sponsors (?)

Well now that the engine is in there you are going to have a much harder time but it can still be done. I would recommend getting some black smurf tubing, aka corrugated split loom, and putting the harness into that. You can find strategic spots to drill through the fender apron and run the wire through inner fender well if you want to keep it out of the engine bay. If you do that, please use a grommet on every hole you drill. Also, unless it is a universal harness, make sure you are prepared to cut your brand new harness and lengthen it because it won't be long enough to route through a custom path.

Hey rusty . I did run the wires thought the inner fenders. I bought some pcv tubing and ran it inside that for added piece ov mind. Looks so much cleaner. Was a real bastard thpugh. And yes Of course i used proper grommets . No fires!!! I had to lengthen the starting circuit but 21 inches. Soldered every connection followed by waterproof heat shrink. And then heat shrink around all the heat shrink connections. Holy moly was it time consuming but I'm very happy . Thank you for your reply sir