Electrical engine bay light

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Ok, went over to the shop where the 91 vert hides, took the under hood light off it, it has a single wire but not at all like the one pete posted from his car, compared it to the 89 gt, it has a 2 wires.

• Sponsors(?)

Potomus Pete

Is there a trick , or does my wife just hold it
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
Mine is a double need the socket . who knows where.Sticks to small hole in under hood I just stuck my noid light in tonight POWER

Last edited:

Potomus Pete

Is there a trick , or does my wife just hold it
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
It would be nice to rig up a strong LED as a spotlight in an emergency. Such as a 12 volt pool light. Sounds crazy. I have one Im dealing with a battery light .

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
If your good with wires read my post...White Wire Burn...Any help would be appriciated Dont want to tow again
Good? 2 degrees in electrical engineering good enough for you?
I wrote the bible on the 3G alternator upgrade.
See other thread.

Reactions: 2Blue2

Magnet86

Jul 21, 2018
Hagerstown, MD
Wow what a thread. I'm just looking to get the thing working. I can check it again but the wire sort of broke at the connector. Fusible link looks good. Car is an 86GT and the light was rolled up in the back corner of the engine bay near the brake booster. I'd say it is factory. My car build date is Dec 2, 1985 so maybe it really is early. Could be a replacement from another Ford of that era due to carelessness of PO. Definitely Ford wire. Corroded and slight rust. Maybe I can check it out this weekend. Thanks for the info.