Engine bay

331turbo

Jul 20, 2017
People who have smooth out their engine bays an hid the coil where did you place it? I have try to search an Also try to look at pictures but couldn't really find anything. Iv though about trying to put it in the fender an run a long coil wire but wonder if that would hurt performance. I am running a twin turbo set up so space is very limited.

• Sponsors (?)

Where do they even tuck all the wires and stuff and what happens when stuff goes wrong, how does one get to them? It’s looks awesome but how much work is involved. Is there a write up in here on how to do this?

People who have smooth out their engine bays an hid the coil where did you place it? I have try to search an Also try to look at pictures but couldn't really find anything. Iv though about trying to put it in the fender an run a long coil wire but wonder if that would hurt performance. I am running a twin turbo set up so space is very limited.

I've seen the coil relocated to the inner fender well, behind the strut tower and on a show car only down below out of sight. I guess it just depends on how long your willing to extend your wiring but I would try to keep the coil wire a short as possible. I've never lengthen mine but I would imagine adding length to the coil wire would at some point effect it's efficiency

Where do they even tuck all the wires and stuff and what happens when stuff goes wrong, how does one get to them? It’s looks awesome but how much work is involved. Is there a write up in here on how to do this?

Run them through the cowl vent panel, trans tunnel, inner fenderwells, etc and if there's a problem then they are pulling fenders etc to get to the wiring and trouble shoot. It's the price you pay to have a amazing looking engine bay but typically these aren't daily driven all weather type cars that people take the time to fill in hundreds of wholes, smooth out, wire tuck and detail the engine bay in neither.

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen the coil relocated to the inner fender well, behind the strut tower and on a show car only down below out of sight. I guess it just depends on how long your willing to extend your wiring but I would try to keep the coil wire a short as possible. I've never lengthen mine but I would imagine adding length to the coil wire would at some point effect it's efficiency

Run them through the cowl vent panel, trans tunnel, inner fenderwells, etc and if there's a problem then they are pulling fenders etc to get to the wiring and trouble shoot. It's the price you pay to have a amazing looking engine bay but typically these aren't daily driven all weather type cars that people take the time to fill in hundreds of wholes, smooth out, wire tuck and detail the engine bay in neither.

I mounted mine on the firewall...passenger side below the pinch weld where the heater core used to be...if yours is still there maybe you can find another spot in the same area...allows me to use normal length coil wire and it goes pretty much unnoticed

This is how I did mine many moons ago. Think this photo is from 2005. Just a piece of aluminum angle bolted to the bottom of the framerail.

DSC00404_zpsifbkhgkx.jpg

Here is my engine bay. Think about fabing something so I can put it near the ac compressor

Attachments

• C88865A7-01BC-4097-AF4A-503A34EEC26E.jpeg
    C88865A7-01BC-4097-AF4A-503A34EEC26E.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 108
  • A4225CD3-1E58-45CD-90D7-F47FF4E09284.jpeg
    A4225CD3-1E58-45CD-90D7-F47FF4E09284.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 84E3D5C3-5C25-45B7-A799-AAB9DB30887E.jpeg
    84E3D5C3-5C25-45B7-A799-AAB9DB30887E.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 95
Seems to me, it's right in front of your face. There's gonna be 10 different opinions from 10 different people. So that said,...I'd make a bkt that stands the coil off of the WP. It'll keep it close to the dist and eliminate the stupid looking 40 mile long coli wire, and depending on how the bkt is built will isolate the thing from heat and vibration.

I relocated all my wiring behind the left fender.... but my coil is still in the factory location.

I'm single turbo but space is still limited.

With that intake is there enough room to hide the coil on the other side of the elbow ? Back there no one would notice it.

With my intercooler piping and crossover theres just about nowhere for me too hide mine. My intake is a Systemax...so....

Im going EDIS eventually but plan on putting the coils where the distributor is now.... or down by the oil pan.