Engine colors...

68stangcoupe

Jul 11, 2005
Hey guys,
I've decided to spice up the engine a lit bit with some color. I pulled the engine a few days ago and ive got it stripped down to the block. A buddy of mine just got a powder coater and ive decided to be the guinea pig. So far im thinking to go with ford blue on the engine block, air cleaner and valve colors, silver for the radiator and engine braces, and yellow for the distributor wires, and black for the oil pan (the engine well is all black). I just wanted to know your guys opinions and if you had any suggestions. Thanks a bunch.

• Sponsors (?)

Unless your buddy got a prefessional outfit, you wont be able to coat anything that wont fit an oven. You wouldnt want to coat the radiator anyway; they have special heat transferring paint as it is(so I've heard...makes sense to me).

For colors, I have rather specific tastes. I think if you have an all-blue engine, the black pan will look funny. I once considered a gold engine block, but someone told be it would look like a Buick or Pontiac or something and that pretty much killed it. Now the only painted things are my valvecovers, damper, and block.