Engine Compartment Help

Takt

Jul 14, 2004
Madison, WI
I'm looking for opinions. Here are pictures of my current engine compartment ... I want to clean it up. I am not a person that would be willing to spend hours cleaning a bunch of chrome ... but I want it to look a lot nicer.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8878.JPG
    IMG_8878.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_8880.JPG
    IMG_8880.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Sponsors (?)

An egine bay repaint would give you the biggest update/change if you want to go that far, you can repaint a lot by tapinng off motor and other areas. The 'theme' looks pretty monotone - black/silver which is fine but those plug wires stand out like a sore thumb IMO. Are there any other colors on your car to coordinate? If you had anything red, red wires would look better, gray even would be an improvement, I just wouldn't go black, plenty of that already. Remove the black paint on the MC cover for one and see if you can get it back to it's original 'gold' color. Adding any extra hues that go with the current colors will draw eyes around the engine bay rather than right to the plug wires which is what happened to me as soon as I opened the pictures.

Chrome does take work to keep up, you might look into powder coating some parts, low maint.
My .02
Jon

I agree about the plug wires. Those yellow ones stand out. I actually think black plug wires would look good on his car.

The engine bay repaint would spruce things up too.

Something else to add would be the 1 peice export brace and a monte carlo bar. It looks cool, is functional, and doen't cost alot. It will firm up the front of the car and keep it in shape.

If you don't want chrome you can get some of the finned aluminum valve covers with the black crinkle finish. They look great and you can choose from several different logo options.

That intake reminds me of the GTO on "My Science Project". I always thought that was awesome. I don't know how attatched you are to that intake, but since its not blown, I would get rid of it. I don't know how big the hole in the hood is, but maybe a GT350 scoop would cover it up and remain functional. I would just go with a regular type air cleaner. I just think it would look alot cleaner with out it.

You should check out this thread, it has alot of pictures.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/clas...-picture-of-my-engine-bay-where-is-yours.html

Here is mine to give you some ideas. Since your running two carbs, you can get the oval air cleaner that looks similar to mine.

tx65coupe-albums-1965-ford-mustang-picture22814-100-0625.jpg