Engine cooling fan won't come on??

03Terminator

Apr 17, 2002
Marion, NC
I just got my car back from the shop and now the engine cooling fan won't come on. It overheated the other day and that's when I noticed that the fan wouldn't come on. Either the PCM won't tell the fan to come on, or there is a problem in the CCRM. I jumped two of the terminals on the CCRM and the fan came on, so I know that the fan is good. I just don't know what else to do. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

did you check to make sure its plugged in? dumb question i know, but when i had my heater core replaced for the second time they left the connector on my A/C accumulator off. spent like 3 days trying to figure it out until my old boss was like "dude, plug that back in"

check the fuse...... i went through ALOT of crap a while back & even bought a new fan........here's the result

46165.jpg

Yeah, it's plugged in and the fuse is good. I checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and the passenger compartment. My shop told me it could be in the program. He had another customer that got tuned the same day and his AC wouldn't come on. So, it goes back to the damn shop this weekend.

I would not be surprised if the CCRM is bad, just make sure your PCM command is getting to the ccrm by checking on pins 14 and 17 at the ccrm connector with the a/c on ( that way you know the fan is supposed to be on)

also see if you have power leaving the CCRM at pins 1+2 and 6+7 when the a/c in on.

also be sure fuse 31 (30a) is ok.. this fuse is in the auxiliary fuse box.. also the other two fuses #1 (50a) and #26 (30a)