engine fault codes

blk05stang

Nov 22, 2004
san diego
switching from sct to diablosport, I retuned my car. The mods I have are as follows....off road H-pipe, flowmaster catback, pullies, intake and the tune. My check engine light would still illuminate after about 5 or so miles. I figured with my off road exhaust it was turning the light on. But with sct I couldn't scan my computer for fault codes. So I put mil eliminators on and still the check engine light came on. Finally got my diablosport yesterday and retuned.... ran a diagnostics test and it called four or five codes out. Four of them were camshaft position sensor? the other was P1000 which was Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete
.... Has anyone dealt with this camshaft position sensor stuff before? I checked the plugs on the sensor and they looked fine. I guess maybe I need to pull the sensors out and check them out? Anything would help... I think the fault codes were P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction,P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Input, P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

it's a good tuner. my fault codes have nothing to do with the tuner I am using. I just don't know why the sensors are messed up. Maybe it's something internal? hope not but?????? I guess i'll just have to swap my cams out....not a big deal

blk05stang said:
switching from sct to diablosport, I retuned my car. The mods I have are as follows....off road H-pipe, flowmaster catback, pullies, intake and the tune. My check engine light would still illuminate after about 5 or so miles. I figured with my off road exhaust it was turning the light on. But with sct I couldn't scan my computer for fault codes. So I put mil eliminators on and still the check engine light came on. Finally got my diablosport yesterday and retuned.... ran a diagnostics test and it called four or five codes out. Four of them were camshaft position sensor? the other was P1000 which was Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete
.... Has anyone dealt with this camshaft position sensor stuff before? I checked the plugs on the sensor and they looked fine. I guess maybe I need to pull the sensors out and check them out? Anything would help... I think the fault codes were P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction,P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Input, P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent
:shrug:

I got 2 of the "camshaft position" error codes when I took the valve covers off to paint them. I missed reconnecting the left side plug and it went away right after I found it. Thankfully I had the Predator which told me what to check out...I would have hated to go to my dealer for that!