Engine/Motor Grounds

• Sponsors (?)

Matt, you should see one from the driver side motor mount to the driver side frame rail.

If you want to add another, I mirrored that above-mount, but on the passenger side.

Good luck.

There used to be one dont know if its still up.

The grounds are

batt. to block - at the timing cover

Batt. to chassis - from the batt to the front core support

block to chassis - from the drivers side motor mount to the frame rail, it is by the oil filter and in an S shape.

It is a VERY good idea to double up the block to chasis ground IMHO.

There are also several other ground straps they have a green bolt or green dye on the bolt.

The frame to motor mount is a flat ground strap about 1/4" wide, with a flat plastic/PVC/heatshrink covering. It goes from the frame rail to the motor, dips down, then back up to the mount (I think that this is the S shape previously referred to).

Rick

Does this look like the cable? I remember there being one stud on the drivers side for the motor mounts...I assume this is the attachment point for the ground? Where does it attach to the frame rail? How does it attach, just a bolt?

Attachments

• ground strap 1.jpg
    ground strap 1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 75
95cobraguy said:
it does but that ground strap isn't worth sh-t. i went to pep boys and bougth a short piece of battery cable and made my own ground going from the drivers side motor mount to the chassis. why is it wise to do the same on the passenger side?
As the cables age, they degrade. An extra ground (or 20 extra grounds) can only help. If one cable fails, you have a spare/alternate ground pathway.

It's especially good for you guys with upgraded (higher output) alternators or even aftermarket high Torque starters.