Engine ready to put back together *pics

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
well guys, i just recently tore apart my engine becuase of a head gasket leak, first picture is of my engine, i completely cleaned everything except for the pistons that were farther down in the block in fear of scaring the the walls. Everything is clean, no sludge no nothing, block where heads bolt on is as smooth as a babys butt. Second picture is my little porting job i did on my shortys. I opened them up significantly and took the ridges out of them... sorry for the quality of the pictures, only thing i have working right now is my credit card digi camera =\

• Sponsors (?)

pictures

Attachments

• IMG0050.JPG
    IMG0050.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG0053.JPG
    IMG0053.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 216
it took me a few hours to do it right. I wet sanded the block with 1500 grit sand paper (with wd40)(use razor first), you can feel nothing when you run your fingers across it. As far as the cylinders, i pulled my distrubtor therefor i set the crank so it could drop right in, i didnt move the crank in fear of not getting the distrubutor back in easily with timing relatively close. If you wanted to clean them, you could use a rotary wire brush on the pistons. Tie it to a power tool and your go. I do not recommend this in fear of scaring the piston walls. This makes a mess though, stuff starts flying around, therefore clean out your oil galley last. Cover up your water ports or your have little peices of metal in it :notnice:.Something my might slip ect when using this wire brush :eek: ... Your pistons are just going to get dirty in no time anyways. :shrug: And mstang lol, you know i have a cam (lopes awefully nice) and im getting my heads ported also, that is why i did my header job... :spam: :owned: :banana: :) Looking for a total of 30 hp increase with lost compression back and ported heads/headers. :worship: Off to florida i go for a week guys take it easy!!! :cheers: :banana: :banana: :p