Engine revving problem...

DragonPL

Apr 11, 2006
I took my mustang to the dealer to get this checked out and they said everything is fine ..On my new manual 2006 Mustang V6, after the engine warms up..(driving for about 15 minutes) when I’m about to park or stop, I go into neutral, I’m stopping I let go of the clutch and the gas, I’m braking while in neutral and the engine keeps revving up, it goes up to 2100RPMs (just like if I was hitting the gas pedal--which I though I might of been accidentally with the side of my foot but even when I take my feet well away from the pedals this still happens...) When that happens, if I floor the clutch than it stabilizes if I don't press the clutch the RPMs go up and than after 2 seconds settle down but than again they go up to 2100RPMS and after another 2 seconds come back down… at the dealer they said they could not find anything wrong with the vehicle but that is a bit unusual that it does that..why is it like that??????

• Sponsors (?)

Is the car still doing this? Sounds like a weird side effect of throttle-by-wire. Any throttle lag on take off? Can you easily blimp the gas when shifting gears to match revs with this throttle?
-Loren

i've noticed the same thing with my standard transmission mustang(2005)--I think that the rev's are kept up automatically, so that if I wanted to put it back into the appropriate gear--the RPM's are there to help speed up again. With gas prices at all time highs---I sure could do without these extra rev's.

As I come to a complete stop--the rev's finally settle down to 750RPM's.
Not sure if this is the same for the automatic tranny's.
Anyone care to comment.

thats my 2cents worth

Dragon posted in the other forums tu but no real answers to the problem yet. yes it seems to be only when you try to coast in nuetral and ya'lls assumptions are right on target IMO.
I haven't tried disconnecting the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) from the tranny yet but I will one day and try it.

I conducted my experiment yesterday and was correct. I disconnected the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) from the tranny and wouldn't ya know it, it stopped the revving problem in neutral. The down side is no speedometer.
FORD NEEDS TO GET OFF THERE ARSES AND CURE THIS PROBLEM!
I assume that this won't be an easy fix as for the ecm will most likely need to be changed to cure it.
:)
Since there is no TSB on this yet we are all probably screwed.

speed problem

I have a V6 2005 5 speed manual stang with the same problem. This is a factory program ment to do this. I think some of the flash programmers like SCT Xcalibrator 2 can take care of this issue.

ADW said:
I have a V6 2005 5 speed manual stang with the same problem. This is a factory program ment to do this. I think some of the flash programmers like SCT Xcalibrator 2 can take care of this issue.

I thought of that before but forgot to post that question in this thread to some of the ppl here who have added cai's and such.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :nice: