Engine Shot

wildstang281

Mar 19, 2003
seattle, wa
Last nite while driving home from work the engine died. So I restarted the car and then a loud knocking sound could be heard. The next day I took it to the dealership that said it is the bottom end rod knocking. What should I do?
I thinking of get a stronger bottom end with forged interals or should I get my friends 96 cobra engine rebuilt because the head cracked but he has some extra heads that r good. Where do u think i should to buy a good strong bottom end block.

• Sponsors (?)

What year is your car? What mods have you got done to it? I'd like to see more details of the combination before giving a full answer. A little history of the car and what you primarily use it for would be an asset. Thanks.

VTEngine said:
What year is your car? What mods have you got done to it? I'd like to see more details of the combination before giving a full answer. A little history of the car and what you primarily use it for would be an asset. Thanks.

This is why people considering a new engine should consider VTengines there always here to offer some helpful info and assistance. :flag:

VTEngine said:

You have some decent prices man. What is the usual cost for shipping and are there any other items that would need to be purchased to make the swap successful?

Firemanz said:
You have some decent prices man. What is the usual cost for shipping and are there any other items that would need to be purchased to make the swap successful?

A s/b shipped to Texas would be ~$175. PM me if you have specific questions regarding products and pricing. Open forum is not the place for biz, this place is for tech. :nice:

neoclasiccl said:
This is why people considering a new engine should consider VTengines there always here to offer some helpful info and assistance. :flag:

Thanks for the nice words. My PM is always available for help, regardless of who's stuff you're running. I've been doing Modulars for over 3 years, and have seen/done a lot of different combos (between my days at SHM and VT).

:nice:

Yea don't go with SHM they are to much. You can always try DSSracing.com there cheap but look around. I hear good things and bad things about DSS so you have to talk to people. I just plan on gettin a 393 stroker so they better not be crap. :mad:

I heard T&J's performance is really good and as for VTracing a lot of people on stangnet are talking good about them so check them out. I'm looking at DSS because i can go and pick up the motor myself. :D