engine tapping

CDQICKGT

Jan 25, 2006
fort hood, tx
Ive been hoping this is'nt to bad, When I first start my car for the day the oil pressure is great and i have no tapping. When it gets warm the oil pressure drops down and the tapping starts. The tapping only happens at idle, as soon as i blurp the throttle it goes away. I pulled the cap on my valve cover and it smells of fuel. Im not sure what oil is in there now, cause it was in there when i bought the car. Im going to change the oil with 20w50 and a puralator filter. Im hoping its just in bad need of fresh oil and i have a lifter thats acting up because of it. The car has 127k on the engine, im hoping i dont have a bearing issue. Let me know what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

:D
dont know too much about the purolator filters but have had nothing but great service from the good 'ol FL1A

Motorcraft oil filters are made by purolator....but to fords specs. It's a pure one cartridge supposedly, but the bypass may be in a different spot.

If you see a motor craft and a pruolator pure one on the shelf, get the motor craft. It's cheaper and has stricter specs.