Engine tick and vibration

010310V8

May 14, 2019
Chandler, AZ
I have a 2010 GT manual with 140,000 miles and I have started to notice a few things. I understand it is a high mileage car and will start to develop issues but I could use some help pin pointing what to tackle.

Issue- Ticking noise, oil leak, and engine vibration at 2000 RPM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Ticking noise on mine was rockers/lifters. Vibration only at 2k? Perhaps the harmonica balancer is slightly off balance? Oil leak from where? Or what area?
For your rockers/lifters did you need to replace them or just re torque them down? The vibration is subtle but becomes more pronounced at 2000 RPM. I was assuming it may have something to do with the flywheel.
The oil appears to coming from the oil filter but I have done hundreds of oil changes and doubt I installed it wrong.

I replaced them. The rollers on the lifters were bad. Scored the cam, but I was able to polish the lobe. Happens more on the passenger side, oil goes there last. I replaced the lifers while I had the rockers off, just to be sure they weren't a problem. I hope to get caught up with the Honey Do Home update by Fall and replace all the rockers and lifters. Balancer, Clutch, Flywheel and even misfire could cause the vibration. I don't recall that being a common "this is the fix" problem. Oil Filter - Long ago, the filter I pulled off a car my sister had left the gasket on the block. So when I put the new filter on, it was double gasketed. That leak, but it was a very noticeable leak, I fixed it right away. It would be nice if changing the filer would fix it.