engine treatment

linux3000

Aug 23, 2012
hi,
i have a 2001 mustang v6
i am driving this car for 6 month and just short distance but this weekend will be the first time that the stang is going on a 4hour trip.

my question is. Is there any treatment i shoud do?
i got the oil change 1 week ago but should i put some stp or something in my gas tank?

• Sponsors (?)

ditto what madspeed said.... seafoam up the brake booster line straight into the throttle body.. let sit for 10 min... then crank and rev between 2-3k rpms for about 10 min... then take a spirited drive 10 minutes.. till the smoke clears... great for these cars....

about the trip.. i just bought the 11 yr old v6 stang i'm driving... i drive it twice a month 3 hours one way.. check oil, trans fluid, coolant, and top off if needed... you might want to change your thermostat.... it's cheap insurance $4.. or so and takes about 15 min... always a good thing.. you don't want to get on the road in a car that doesn't cool right...also... check the tires.,, spare also...they tend to leak down after several months...i had a 02 gt 3 yrs,, headed out of town one day, had a fairly new tire "unravel"... i think it was a fuzion.. anyway.. i jacked the car up on a busy freeway.. pulled my half flat spare out and limped down the apron about 3 miles with flashers to get off the freeway... finally found a used mustang tire for $20 bucks and got on my way... my point is .. ANY TIME you drive out of town, you don't want to be breaking down.. the freeway's a lonesome place... and dangerous... mustangs are great, reliable, tough cars and will give years of service.. but remember this..., as i tell my kids "Be good to your car and your car will be good to you"....