Engine Trouble

Mustangchic23

Dec 27, 2010
Ok so have been having NO trouble with Engine except I got a new battery a little over a month ago and since then ive had alot of trouble with corrosion, well today i went to get in my car after id driven multiple places no trouble and all of a sudden my car won't start. Tried jumping won't hold charge enough to pull out of space. No idea whats wrong or what to do. Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

There's several things to consider with that problem. If you have an anti-theft system, that could be one culprit, but personally I would really check your battery cables and where they connect to the battery, making sure there is a good connection. Also, how long did you try waiting before starting the car when you were trying to jump it? I know when mine was completely dead I had to let it charge for about 15-20 minutes before it had enough juice. One more thing too, if you have a manual instead of automatic, you could roll start it and drive to the nearest parts store or mechanic. Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc have a computer they can test the battery and charging system.

no battery = no alternator.

The days of jump starting a car with a totally dead battery are over. There must be some life left in the battery to excite the alternator.

Must do what it takes to remove all traces of corrosion. A battery bush and elbow grease to start with. Then shift to some of the battery cleaning products recommended by your local autoparts store.

Bottom line. Today's cars will not run right without a strong battery and charging system. Don't cut corners here.