Fox Enkei 92 Fitment Question

sbprost

Mar 23, 2021
Louisville, TN
I have a line on a set of Enkei 92's in gold that I wanted to use for my 5 Lug upgrade on my 88 Saleen replica. The concern is that the offset is +32. I'm new to dealing with fitment of aftermarket wheels.

Can I only use stock 5 lug brakes, or will upgraded brakes be fine? Will the offset negatively affect performance/look?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm very out of my element.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a line on a set of Enkei 92's in gold that I wanted to use for my 5 Lug upgrade on my 88 Saleen replica. The concern is that the offset is +32. I'm new to dealing with fitment of aftermarket wheels.

Can I only use stock 5 lug brakes, or will upgraded brakes be fine? Will the offset negatively affect performance/look?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm very out of my element.
Also, They are 15x7

You may need an 8mm spacer with a 32mm back space on a stock mustang. 15x7 is small for many aftermarket brakes and cobra brakes. Stock brakes will clear. That would mean using the old style 5 lug hub. The center grease cap style usually won't fit newer aftermarket wheels.

If you want to use cobra front disc brakes on that 15 you'll need sn95 spindles, 90s crown vic slap on rotors, and redrill and tap the caliper bracket 1/2 inch higher to lower the caliper for the smaller 12 inch rotor.

I thought one needed 17" wheels at a minimum to run the Cobra front brakes.

The road course autox folks worked around the big wheel issue.

These pics are from another forum ( corral ). Only pics I could find.

Screenshot_20210323-213216_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210323-213544_Chrome.jpg

The thing that people miss when swapping wheels, hubs and stuff like that, hub centrics, the lug nuts/studs really just hold the wheel to the hub or flange, the hole in the center of the wheel fits on the center part of the hub/flange and is important to carrying the weight and impact as a unit, also the correct style lug nuts are just as important, I have a set of pony wheels that the lug nut holes a f'd up because someone used the wrong lug nuts.
Just some info to think about when swapping wheels and stuff.