Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I was able to find enough time to slide under the car and tie up the harness, I made some parts of it longer than needed. I also clamped the shifter cable into place so it wont fall and hit the exhaust, does not sound like alot of work but when your ribs are broken just getting on the creeper to roll around is enough.
I am going to tackle some of the in cab wiring next, things like brake switch to disengage OD/LU automatically ect.
On a side note, I have 2 ecu in this thing and am out of analog inputs again..... dammit..

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I was able to find enough time to slide under the car and tie up the harness, I made some parts of it longer than needed. I also clamped the shifter cable into place so it wont fall and hit the exhaust, does not sound like alot of work but when your ribs are broken just getting on the creeper to roll around is enough.
I am going to tackle some of the in cab wiring next, things like brake switch to disengage OD/LU automatically ect.
On a side note, I have 2 ecu in this thing and am out of analog inputs again..... dammit..
Hey, Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier with cracked ribs. Get to work.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Sooo... I did a ton of tuning this weekend but got little work done on my own car. I did manage to get the bumpsteer kit installed, it was a breeze. Took 3 spacers on top, 2 largest and the smallest. Now the A arm and tie rod are at the same angle with wieght on the suspension and with the arm hanging. I just hope I didnt mess the alignment up too much.

Reactions: 1 users
Sooo... I did a ton of tuning this weekend but got little work done on my own car. I did manage to get the bumpsteer kit installed, it was a breeze. Took 3 spacers on top, 2 largest and the smallest. Now the A arm and tie rod are at the same angle with wieght on the suspension and with the arm hanging. I just hope I didnt mess the alignment up too much.

Are the spacers offset?

To be honest, I don't know if changing the angle of that tie rod changes anything alignment wise. @Mustang5L5 ?

Are the spacers offset?

To be honest, I don't know if changing the angle of that tie rod changes anything alignment wise. @Mustang5L5 ?
He was talking about the spacers that are added to the new tie rod ends that are part of the Bumpsteer Kit. The spacers are used to get the angle of the steering rods and the front control arm back in the same angle. So since he had to remove the stock tie rod ends and replace them with the new ones from the Bumpsteer Kit he may need to get an alignment done again if they didnt go back in the same length.

Reactions: 1 user