Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Home remodeling definitely cuts into hobby time .
The wife and I just spent the last month worth of weekends putting engineered hardwood floors in our upstairs.
Four bedrooms and a hallway , about 800 sq. ft., looks awesome though !
Anyway.. the Mustang been sitting for that time and now winter has showed up in CT.

• Sponsors (?)

Some more progress made, I have the cold side all the way up under the k member and I am ready to begin fabricating the merge pipe. I am considering different ways to mount the cold side under the kmember, the simplest solution to me is welding it to the washers for the steering rack. I may even weld some tabs to the cold side and do a skid plate.... we will see.
20201018_120314.jpg
20201018_120320.jpg

Methinks you don't have enough protrusion of your steering rack bolts through the nuts.

So whats the consensus on using the turbos as mufflers? I dont want the "racecar" sound around town. I know I cant do anything about the 3" downpipe off of each turbo since they are mounted in the bumper but what do you guys think about a baffled "muffler" between the cats and the turbos?

with just the cats and turbos will this be loud AF??

looking for opinions

Kinda difficult with the turbos where they are... but I suppose I will just play the waiting game and see how loud it is.
I mean....for WHATEVER reason you chose to put the turbos in California when you live in Florida...
And now you're worried about putting a catalytic converter, AND a muffler BEFORE the turbos....
I do some over the river and through the woods sht, but....
"This" sht don make no sense.

Well... my progress was dampened with 'honey do's ' last weekend but I have some time off over the Turkey day break.. I did get the fuel tank dropped and the new 340lph pump and hanger installed, the new hanger has -8 feed and -6 return built in to it so I started routing the nylon braided lines under the car. I went with Vibrant line as I found it on sale in 20' lengths.

I had to remove the turbos to get at the fuel tank so while I was in there I painted the turbo brackets ect. I also put all the fittings in place to make sure it all fit and clocked the passenger side turbo so the oil drain is not hanging down as low...

The items that are below the level of the bumper cover sortof concern me a bit, I dont think its a major issue but a large speed bump could wreck my day if it takes out the oil drain fitting.... so this brings me to my question of the day, rear skid plate/ diffuser..
the GT bumper already sits pretty low so I am not sure this would even serve a benefit beyond making me feel better about the one oil drain.

passenger side.. this is an older picture the fitting has been clocked 30* tward the bumper and is a short radius 90 so its significantly shorter.
1605801340615.png

this is the driver side, this one actually does not hang down that much maybe 1/2" past the bumper you cant see these standing next to the car and it sits higher that the fuel tank.
1605801431700.png

Reactions: 3 users
That's too much free mass hanging on the other end of a fitting. It's going to vibrate and over time the fitting will loosen = fuel leak. It needs to be mounted to something in order to take the free mass out of the equation.