ET vs. MPH

I was looking at my ET/MPH compared to others and noticed that my MPH seems low. This is my latest slip:
RT .745
60ft 2.129
330ft 6.076
1/8 et 9.417
1/8 mph 72.94
1000ft 12.344
1/4 et 14.84
1/4 mph 90.14

I do feel it could do slightly better with a better launch. My mods are:

1 5/8 shorties
UD Pullies
4:10's
B&M 3000 stall (waste of money)
timing 14*
JMS custom chip
2.5" off road H-pipe w/flow master and 3"dumps (lost low end)
BFG DR's
No smog
- 25 lb. weight
removed jute from trunk and back

I was wondering if anyone else thought my MPH looked low? Is this good because I am hooking up better than others. My launch was with tires warm mashing it from a dead dig. I was thinking about launching at about 2000 - 2500 next time at the track. In the past I was getting a lot of tire spin without warming the tires. Also I lost a lot of low end when I did my exhaust (60ft. got slower but ET stayed the same) do you think if I put tail pipes back on it would make a difference?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, you may want to try out putting the pipes back on for the low end. You'll have to tinker around with it really. I think a better launch will help, of course, why wouldn't it? But actually, the MPH don't seem that bad for that time. I think the main thing may be just shifting well. Practice and you're sure to get faster.

What elevation are you at? You could definitely lose some 60', but I doubt that would have much affect on your trap speed. Trap speed is usually a good indication of hp, while ET is all about traction and getting out of the hole. The only thing I can think of is too much gear for your combo--it seems as if your engine may be running out of breath by the end. What are you crossing at? Try some intake work and see if you can unlock that trap speed.

Jon

yeah, im goin with too much gear for a semi stock car or get a new intake.....tough to tell. that 60' is rough but it sounds like you need a shift kit with that stall convert (lets you have a higher rpms start with the 4.10). sadly it sounds like you are on your way to a full bolt-on car. thats what happens when your car "isnt fast enough" :p

I think you just need a bit more HP as some is being lost with the auto trans.

As your combo is configured now, if you remove the chip can you tell a noticeable loss of power or have you ran it down the strip without the chip.

I would not change the gears cause each time you add to your combo for HP the gears will work better & better.

Later
Grady

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not sure what the track elevation is but I run at Milan Dragway in Milan Migan (near Detroit) I assume about 900 ft. I was having a lot of problems without the chip and could only get a best of 15.1 due to hitting rev. limiter. Chip is set to shift at 5200 and so far my best pass is allowing the computer to shift. Exhasust was done before the chip and I definately lost 60' when I did the exhaust but ET remained the same (made up time at the top end). I like the dumps but I am getting anoyed at how loud it is and if I could gain my 60' back by adding the tail pipes it may be a win - win. I will be doing a few additional mods soon (about $1000 worth) but haven't finalized plans yet. Most likely an intake will be in the plans.

last night at the track I thought my car had mysteriously lost power.

my first 2 passes were a rediculous 103 then I ran 5 hot lap passes and got it back to 105. It was just my driving. slow shifting hurt my mph