Ethanol????

98CobraClone

Feb 28, 2003
Ripley, Ohio
I know the whole idea of making ethanol is illegal for purposes of consumption, but how about using it as fuel? I have corn fields all around me. The basic principle is corn + sugar boiled = fuel, but will it tear up the fuel system?

I have the basic knowledge of how to build it, and I've got welding skills, can weld up a still and boil my own stuff, so why not try it? Especially with gas prices at 3.65/gallon, this crap sucks

• Sponsors (?)

98CobraClone said:
I know the whole idea of making ethanol is illegal for purposes of consumption, but how about using it as fuel? I have corn fields all around me. The basic principle is corn + sugar boiled = fuel, but will it tear up the fuel system?

I have the basic knowledge of how to build it, and I've got welding skills, can weld up a still and boil my own stuff, so why not try it? Especially with gas prices at 3.65/gallon, this crap sucks

You could try it, bu tmake sure to test it some how to make sure it'll work with your engine and not blow it all to hell

hmmm, so the octane rating is higher? that means the anti-detonation qualities are higher, and I could essentially run more boost safely...........I'm still researching the whole idea. I'd definitely run it through my carbureted car, dunno yet about the fuel injection thing though

I'm sure you would have to report the usage to the government or something like that.....I know the alcohols I use at my job are reported to some governing body as to how much we use so when the limit jumps up 20 times because some employee is using it for his meth lab operation they(gov't) know whats going on.....but yeah sure make your own.