ever feel bad for driving your Mustang all year round?

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so its been real hot here the past 4 - 6 days, and i cant help but think how much i hate driving my mustang on a daily basis. i love it and its fun but im always worried something going to happen. my friends cars get totaled and they break stuff all the time, but i dont have these problems, thank god, and i just hate knowing my interior is probably soaked in sweat ( dont like usin ac, black interior) and i think my rack is bad. when driving the jeep and then getting in the fox i can feel it steering itself a little, i guess this is called bumpsteer? it kinda wobbles while im holding the wheel still. is that what this is? also i know i need caster camber plates cause i just got the springs on, and my tires might not pass inspection becasue theve been driven hard. i really want to drive my car but its so hott inside, it needs so much **** to get it right, and i feel like driving it is just hurting it more and more.

anyone else feel the same way?

even in my jeep hate sweating in it because i feel like all i do in my spare time is clean my cars. does anyone else try to not get in their car while soaking in sweat?

its just something i guess im getting sick of cleanin two cars and im wondering if im worrying too much. i just dont get why i cant get things dirty so on my days off i dont feel like i have so much to clean and take care of. i cant even sit here and do my homework for my summer class because i feel like i need to wash the cars.

also when i wax them, ill wash it, dry it, wax it, and its fine, but then when i wash it again it feels like it has no wax. both cars do this. i thought it was the wash soap first, so i got wax safe stuff, no help. now im told its casue im using a terry towel to take wax off. so i got microfiber like towels. havent tried taht yet. also i tried not using as much soap, but that hasnt helped either. im using meguiars paste wax.

this isnt helpin much either casue now i feel like i need to wax them after their washed.

i guess im just driving myself crazy.

• Sponsors (?)

im to the point where i dont like dd'ing it....scorching hot all summer....dangerous in winter....

gotta sell it soon after i graduate college in 2 months...time for something brand new i can baby from the beginning

I don't like driving them daily. That takes the fun out of them. I like driving my big slow F150 all over, then on Saturday night, rip down the road in my Mustang. That is a good feeling. Sure I take it to work sometimes, but people are in too big of a hurry to get to work in the morning and drive very stupid, so that makes me nervous.

No, I feel bad that both my Foxes are cooped up in my garage right now because they're both slobbering their bodily fluids all over the ground. :fuss:
:stupid:

Mine in teh garage nearly deadlined because some dicknosefockfacebastage, is going shipping nazi.

Anyhow, I used the dd mindset for quite sometime, you can NOT avoid teh dirty,scratches, t&s prints, rock chips ect. Someday hopefully it will have teh chance to be a non dd garage queen, then be as anal as you want.

Yea I can't stand driving my coupe year round. Recently it’s been so damn hot around here, temp gauge which is normally around 180* is almost at 210* on a daily basis. Traffic getting to work each day gets worse and worse, some times up to an hour of stop and go traffic on the way to work and on the way back home.
I've been looking for a decent daily driver to replace the stang, but price are still too high and I really don't like too many new cars.

I dd my coupe, especially since the price of diesel went through the roof. No AC, no power locks and no power windows. Its hot but thats life. I grew up driving a 65 Mustang with no AC, no power windows, locks, steering or brakes so the coupe is not too bad to drive on a daily basis.

I drive mine all year. The AC is ice cold and the heat is hot. I kinda feel bad since it is such a nice car, but thats what they are made for. Driving.

I only feel bad driving my Fox in the winter simply because the heater core's bypassed and it can make for some pretty damned chilly driving, even in Arizona ... especially when you're in a 'vert with more holes than fabric over your head.

i have mixed feelings about this.

im a college student, so most days i only commute a few miles back and forth to campus. living in the glorious south the winters are mild, but the summer is far from it.

but it never fails i see the coolest cars when im driving the beater and go "damn i wish i was driving the stang right now!"

but after a miserable day of class and/or work, its nice to bang some gears on the way home.

I have no choice, it's the only car I got. But with gas prices being as high as they are, and not going to stop rising anythime soon, I have dramatically reduced driving my Stang. I would fill up twice a month, but now I'm determined to fill up only once a month through the summer. After getting back in it after not driving it for awhile, I'll say to myself, "Man, I love this car!" And yes, driving in 100 degree heat with no A/C and leather seats is not fun at all, that's why I'm mainly sticking to driving in the evenings on weekends.

I wanna drive my 'vert right now. Just realized that I haven't gotten behind the wheel of that sucker for over two weeks, now. :eek: That's some kinda record for me. Not gonna touch it 'till the weekend, though. Plus, now that we're regularly in the triple-digit temps, I'm kinda loving the A/C in Stinky... :D