Ever See Someone Turn A Fox, Into "a Rat Rod"

• Sponsors (?)

#1. This is the second time that piece of flaming sht has made the rounds here Brian,...need to check in on us a little more often.

#2. How can you have "mixed feelings" about this? :nonono:

Reactions: 4 users
Perhaps I've mentioned that I really dislike Pony Wheels. :shrug:

I used to NOT dislike them.

There is nothing creative or cool about that car. I imagine a rat fox could be done cool- madmax style, etc.. But THAT? Ain't it. I'm with Mike on how you can have mixed feelings.

To clarify my take here...

I don't care what it started as,.........a rat rod, and the whole new genre of tatted up,fake 50's greasers and their pin up girl honies are just one more really bad fad that will go the same way of the Street Freak.

Matter of fact:

tumblr_mglitm9QDw1s1f10do1_1280.jpg

998a39f3655c492978baa30f6b842124.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSobWD8gRdrGyK0nr0YZpV_Ko9LDeLPVb5h5oIOT7FB4UMN22G3DA.jpg

22.jpg
Every one of these poor bastards, could be changed back to something I'd be proud to own.

This however.....
093.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSygDl4gfCkxpSaXJDbDv8FNZrj2OcHNqPhfn98AhOFpScIuWrn.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwnLt6Vt1KPzNFBm-7sXM1SKx1DfUEFe3c7Pf6rSpCQGA4vWNc.jpg

Is just a pile of scrap waiting to return to what it was before some bonehead welded it all together.

Junk.

I don't care what it started as,.........a rat rod, and the whole new genre of tatted up,fake 50's greasers and their pin up girl honies are just one more really bad fad that will go the same way of the Street Freak.

Matter of fact:

22.jpg
Every one of these poor bastards, could be changed back to something I'd be proud to own.

This however.....
093.jpg

Is just a pile of scrap waiting to return to what it was before some bonehead welded it all together.

Junk.

I think the ultra low body dropped hotrods are tacky and the lowered ones with huge truck tires are retarded. This-is how it's done:
image.jpeg

I agree!!!!

*(Although I was having a really hard time looking at the cars)

I don't know what they call that style of build, but it clearly is waay beyond the scurge they call a rat rod. I have seen several rod projects like those w/ an WWII warbird theme that I would give a left nut to own.

But I'd still paint it.

Satin, Suede, or Flat,.....anything is better than rust.

Reactions: 1 user

Matter of fact:

22.jpg

This however.....
093.jpg

Junk.

Holy crap. I agree 100% with @madmike1157

Reactions: 1 users
I agree!!!!

*(Although I was having a really hard time looking at the cars)

I don't know what they call that style of build, but it clearly is waay beyond the scurge they call a rat rod. I have seen several rod projects like those w/ an WWII warbird theme that I would give a left nut to own.

But I'd still paint it.

Satin, Suede, or Flat,.....anything is better than rust.

Yeah, I'm not sure what you call it other than "hotrod." I do like the raw metal look of his car, I'm betting it's just cleared. Billy Gibbons has always had the coolest cars ever.

Reactions: 3 users
Also.. I've heard the term ratrod foxbody at least a hundred times. Mostly from my son, who at least once a week bugs me to do one with him. Usually accompanied with the words "Mad Max" which makes me think this:
image.png

Given the time, money, absence of stupid hot weather, and also providing I could stay interested.. I'm certain I could turn a foxbody into something like this^^ that most people would agree is bad ass.. Because, the car in that picture- is. Bad ass. I feel it, and am certain I could do it. Problem being.. At this moment in time, there's no point in doing it. So, maybe in the next decade.. When the boy is out of college and gainfully employed, we can build the Mad Max fox. If by that time he's still interested.

I like the cleared "metal look"...pitina/rust/ratrod whatever you want to call it...looks like chit. Paint the car. Make us "un cool kids" happy. I also saw a guy at a bar a few months ago pulling the 50's "greaser" look. Guy was probably 50-55....uh dude you weren't even born yet when that was popular. Asshat.