Ever wish you had a different mustang?

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
Mostly just venting here, but I find myself wanting a different mustang all the time. There are just way too many I like. It probably doesnt help that modding my own has been a very long and slow process, and I still havent really gotten anywhere. I do love my car, but when I think about how much I want to do to it sometimes I just want something else.

For example, I was on break at my second job today and saw an 05+ redfire GT. Sounded ok, looked pretty good. Way too expensive for me, after I realize how much I HATE a car payment. But I have ridden in a newer one, and they are way more comfortable than mine. Not to mention the GT's with gears/intake/exhaust run pretty darn good for what is done.

Wouldnt mind having a fox either. Working on cars for a living just makes me appreciate a very simple car.

Ok, end vent.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes.

Speaking in realistic terms, I wish I had a 5.0 notchback. If not that, a Mach-1.

Why do I not have either?

For the amount I would spend on buying a Mach after either selling, or trading my car in, I would have one bad ass GT. To get what I want, and NOT settle I would be shelling out at least 10k over what I would get for my car. At least... That will go a LONG way. Forged shortblock, power adder... get the picture? lol.

As far as a Notch, that is much more attainable. I could sell my car for more than I would buy a Notch for and have mod money. Why don't I get one? Again, I wouldnt settle for an "ok" one. By the time I found a CLEAN AND STOCK 5.0 Notch I would not be able to get rid of my car or trade it off fast enough. Plus i've played the used car shuffle twice, and things dont always get riper with age.

Im comfortable with my GT, know what to, and what not to expect with it. 100% proud that I have done all my own work, minus gears. So when I drop my right foot and all 314 lb ft. of tourqe start hazing the rear tires, and the exhaust is screaming like a banshee, I am just fine with my lowley little GT.

I'm the same way. I don't know how many times I have thought about selling my car. My problem is I get bored with what I have or just feel like the car is out dated. I just about sold the GT last year for a new Vette and then decided not to. I was looking pretty hard at the new GTs like the Shelby or Bullitt (prior to it coming out) too. I just wasn't happy with the power they made which is hard to find when coming from an 11sec (at the time) GT. I loved the way the car drove and the interior was a million times better than mine though. I just knew I wouldn’t be happy with it performance wise and I would end up throwing a blower or nitrous to it which is what I DON’T want to do on my next car. I think I’ll keep my car for a year or two more and then end up selling it or just retire it to a “drag car”. I think when the new Mustang comes out, if they have decent power I’ll prolly get one of them.

Every time you feel like selling your car or wanting to get rid of it do something to the car. I did that and it always made me feel happy about my car.

I'm currently looking for a foxbody that needs some work as a new project. I want to get something cheap and slowly work on it over time.

I know what you mean about wanting another Mustang. My son bought a new 06 v6. The interior is much nicer than my premium 01 gt. The car is smooth and has a nice solid feel to it. I've been thinking of a newer GT for myself. But last night at the track, I was running quicker than the 05 plusses, and for the difference in cost, I could do a lot to make mine even better. I still do really like mine. So I'll just stick to what I have.

For the amount I would spend on buying a Mach after either selling, or trading my car in, I would have one bad ass GT. To get what I want, and NOT settle I would be shelling out at least 10k over what I would get for my car. At least... That will go a LONG way. Forged shortblock, power adder... get the picture? lol.

I completely understand. Cost wise, keeping my GT is the best option. It's just sometimes I want someting more refined and comfortable (newer GT), or cheaper and easier to mod (fox). Sometimes I wonder how I'll ever get my GT to where I want it to be knowing how much money I'll have to put it to it.

I kinda wish i had a different mustang. dont get me wrong i love my GT especially since i got the vortech on and tuned properly. butt i still wish i had bought the 03 cobra or the mach1 that i drove before before i bought my gt. I didnt know enough about mustangs to know what the difference was between the three. i thought they were all the exact same engine with different intake manifolds cams and a tune or in the case of the cobra a supercharger. I thought i could just simply swap that stuff on and make more hp easily. And if i knew what i know now back then i would have at least bought the mach1. but i didnt and am still happy with my gt. funny thing is that the silver cobra i drove was bought by a guy that lives near me. i see that car from time to time and it makes wish i had snaged that thing when i had the chance.

when the 05's came out all I could think about was selling mine and getting 1 of them. But the more I thought about it, it was nice not having a car payment. Thats money I can use to mod my car. I've decided to keep it and buy a cheep DD to keep the miles off the Mustang.

I've just starting reading more posts instead of just the classic forum - I may be getting an '05 or newer car in the future - my '68 Stang GT was a blast to drive, but I'm considering a more modern ride - Cobra is high on the list, even if I have to sell my 70 Road Runner to help finance it

I wish I bought a 96-08 cobra, 01 cobra, 01 bullit or mach1. At the time I bought my car I didn't know much about mustangs just that I know I liked them. Last year I was thinking of tradeing mine in for a used 05+ (same price as used mach1s). My favorite mustang is the 1970 Mach 1. Ok so I will list the mustang collenction I want.

1996-98 cobra
2001 bullit
2003-2004 cobra
2008 Bullit

Mostly just venting here, but I find myself wanting a different mustang all the time. There are just way too many I like. It probably doesnt help that modding my own has been a very long and slow process, and I still havent really gotten anywhere. I do love my car, but when I think about how much I want to do to it sometimes I just want something else.

For example, I was on break at my second job today and saw an 05+ redfire GT. Sounded ok, looked pretty good. Way too expensive for me, after I realize how much I HATE a car payment. But I have ridden in a newer one, and they are way more comfortable than mine. Not to mention the GT's with gears/intake/exhaust run pretty darn good for what is done.

Wouldnt mind having a fox either. Working on cars for a living just makes me appreciate a very simple car.

Ok, end vent.

Yeah I know how you feel. Ive always wanted another oldschool muscle car. Whether it be a Mustang doesnt really matter to me. But I do love the late 60s Fastbacks. I almost picked up a really clean 68 GT Fastback for a couple thousand more than what I paid for my 02. But the Mustang is my project car/ daily driver and I have owned a few early 70s era muscle cars in the past and in my experience I would MUCH RATHER have a newer fuel injected car as a daily driver than an older carburated car because of reliability. But as soon my car is paid off I may consider getting back into the older cars. Either that or Ill start looking for a Terminator.:D

I wanted an Azure Blue Mach 1. But back in '03 i just graduated college and the $28K needed to buy one was slightly out of my reach at the time. So i bought a GT.

I wish i had the Mach 1 now.

But mostly, i wish i had a different color GT. Silver tends to blend in too much. There are days i wish i had a red or blue GT or just something different than silver

I wanted an Azure Blue Mach 1. But back in '03 i just graduated college and the $28K needed to buy one was slightly out of my reach at the time. So i bought a GT.

I wish i had the Mach 1 now.

But mostly, i wish i had a different color GT. Silver tends to blend in too much. There are days i wish i had a red or blue GT or just something different than silver

Blending in isn't so bad. Specially when cops see your car as a target.
I like the silver myself.

Blending in isn't so bad. Specially when cops see your car as a target.
I like the silver myself.

No it's not bad. When my mustang is alone, it gets tons of attention on the street.

When i'm with friends and their red or yellow Mustangs..i notice they get more attention even if their car is stock like mine.

Not a bad thing i know, but sometimes i wish i could change the color just for a day or two

Some days I really wish I'd bought a different 'Stang. Black is a real bitch to keep clean. I wish my GT had the power of a Mach, Cobra, or 05+. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the SN95 interior for some reason.

Then again, black 'Stangs look gorgeous for those 5 minutes that they manage to stay completely clean, I sort of like being the underdog, and I'm one of those weirdos that likes the 4.6, so I don't really regret it at all.