Ever wonder if your car has bad juju?

I'll start by saying, I love my car. I remember being around 7-8 years old, and my cousin owned a Torch Red 90-93 Notchback. From that day, I knew I had to have a Notchback. I bought my car on March 23rd, 2005, I drove 4.5 hours each way to get it. I probably searched for 5 years for the right one, I paid 4200$ for it.

This is where the problem comes in, I've maintained this car based on the emotional attachment I've formed with it, it has not been a good car to me. I'm not saying its not a good car, its a fantastic car. But the luck I've had with it has been terrible. In the 4.5 years I've owned it, I've had my tires slashed and its been vandalized numerous times.

The day after I restored it I had a hit and run done on it. 2 Days after I got it back from that repair the heater core went so I got to drive the car for 6 days out of 6 months of insurance between the body shop and down time. Back to mint, I parked it for the winter at my Moms house where a stack of cupboards fell all over the back of the car. I drove it throughout this year until a kid riding on the wrong side of the street took a jump off of a curb in front of my car, totally f%#@ing up the front end of my car (the kid was 100% fine, was ruled as his fault), etc. etc.

Anybody else experience this kind of stuff? I'm totally convinced I have to sell my car. :(

Edit: Oh yeah, and the $7000 I spent last year restoring my car, was a waste of money. They went bankrupt and the job was $hit for what it cost.

• Sponsors (?)

I feel your pain.Had my car hit a total of 3 times since i owned it (about 6 yrs now) 2 times it was a hit n run.....the 3rd time the guy left a note on my car :nice: Then after i had it painted someone decided to pull a Dukes of Hazzard on it and left scratches across the hood (had a feeling i knew who did it but couldnt prove it) So yeah when it rains it pours sometimes, just have to realize there are people out there that just dont give a sheet about other peoples property.:mad:

Time to sleep.....a few too many beverages tonight.:crazy:

i hear you brotha, my black notch is always a bitch to me, but i got to a point where i just baught more of these fox's that way one of them is always working. but when i first started everything would go wrong. engine woould blow fix that then trans, then engine again. I would have been better off at the time to buy a new 03 cobra and make payments not im my wildest dream would I have thought I would have the kind of money in that car that I do.

but after all that, there are a lot of worse things that can happen in life, so if my car is the problem im pretty lucky

my car has Juju from hell. for the most part its fine, but when something goes bad, EVERYTHING goes bad. First the alternator went out (no big deal its a 19 year old car),so after waiting month or so, i install the new alternator and go out to take it for a victory lap, less than 30 SECONDs into the drive, hood rips off. so ive been dealing with that for 2 months, and recently got the car back together and back on the road, 2 days ago...fuel pump is now out.

i love the car 90% of the time, but damn the other 10% sure makes me wonder sometimes

i hear you brotha, my black notch is always a bitch to me, but i got to a point where i just baught more of these fox's that way one of them is always working. but when i first started everything would go wrong. engine woould blow fix that then trans, then engine again. I would have been better off at the time to buy a new 03 cobra and make payments not im my wildest dream would I have thought I would have the kind of money in that car that I do.

but after all that, there are a lot of worse things that can happen in life, so if my car is the problem im pretty lucky

Yeah, that's the truth, I'm just tired of the car drama. If I sell it I'm not buying a civic or anything, it would be banked until schools done and then I'd put it towards another hobby car. I just think this ones "haunted."

my car has Juju from hell. for the most part its fine, but when something goes bad, EVERYTHING goes bad. First the alternator went out (no big deal its a 19 year old car),so after waiting month or so, i install the new alternator and go out to take it for a victory lap, less than 30 SECONDs into the drive, hood rips off. so ive been dealing with that for 2 months, and recently got the car back together and back on the road, 2 days ago...fuel pump is now out.

i love the car 90% of the time, but damn the other 10% sure makes me wonder sometimes

See, that's the type of crap I'm talking about. But mine isn't usually the mechanical stuff, if that was the case that parts way easier. I can fix the mechanical stuff.

that sucks man. my car has been *good* lately (knock on wood), but for the longest time it gave me nothing but hell. when i first got it, it would shake sooooooo bad at idle and if i turned it off, i'd have to wait 30 mins to an hour before i could start it again. finally got tired of it and pulled the motor and rebuilt it. the shaking and waiting went away but little things would come up here and there, nothing that would really keep me from being able to drive it though. i have the worst luck with transmissions though. i'm on my 5th T5 in this car and i've owned it just under 4 years! my current one has no 5th gear still either! i'll get around to fixing that sometime.

It's just the fact that they are 16+ year old cars that mostlikely every previous owner had reamed on. I've noticed in the 99+ section there doesn't seem to be as many "blew up my car","t5 salad" "rear end fell off" posts....YET.

Its always been a love hate relationship with all the mustangs I have owned. I would get sick of spending money and say I am done, sell the car and a year later I am right back in a mustang. I should have kept my vert instead of listening to my wife and selling it. It became a sore spot between us and was causing problems so i sold it........

Ive got about the worst luck with my car, the night i bought it i was in the passenger seat and we hit a jersey barrier, then a friend backed into it, then another friend backed into it, blown 2 headgaskets, 1 motor, and last week an arsehole pulled out in front of me causing another accident. If it wasnt for **** luck i'd have no luck at all. But would i ever sell the car... after all that HELL NO