Exceptional deal on Web Hosting

Platonic Solid

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
CT-USA
Until recently, I used a local company (skypath.com) to host my site, where I was paying $10 per month for 50MB of Web Space.

Last weekend I switched to 1and1.com and am now getting 20,000MB (20GB) of Web Space for the same $10 per month!

I’m not trying to sell anything, nor do I have any affiliation with 1and1. Just figured I’d share what I see as a great bargain and maybe save some of you a few bucks.

• Sponsors (?)

I've never used that specific host you mentioned, but be forewarned. Alot of host's that offer the moon in storage and bandwith for cheap prices do it expecting you will never use very much. And when you do, they cancel your account. Or go out of buisness in 2 months.

72grande said:
I've never used that specific host you mentioned, but be forewarned. Alot of host's that offer the moon in storage and bandwith for cheap prices do it expecting you will never use very much. And when you do, they cancel your account. Or go out of buisness in 2 months.
I don't expect they'll be going out of business anytime soon with the heavy advertising they've been doing. No exageration, they've regularly been taking out 10, back to back, full page adds in Computer Shopper Magazine.

Plus lets not forget about redundency... Back End Tools... CGI scripts... There is alot more to hosting a site than just space...

But good find, and Im sure for your personal websites this company can do a great job. Good luck.

frost0100 said:
Plus lets not forget about redundency... Back End Tools... CGI scripts... There is alot more to hosting a site than just space...

But good find, and Im sure for your personal websites this company can do a great job. Good luck.
Agreed, (I seem to be having a hard time linking to their features page) and I'm far from an expert in this area, but the only thing I don't see any comments on is redundancy. For a feature list of what I purchased, click "1&1 MS Business" under "Microsoft Hosting" on the left of their Home Page.