Excuse my ignorance, But I could use some advice

DrK MrK iV

Jan 11, 2004
Charlotte
Hey guys. I got the chance to buy an 04 gt last night. I bought it last night and absolutly love it. Beats the hell out of my little import. Anyways, I have the mach460 in there right now, and I want to replace it. I have a pioneer 7500 sitting on my desk right now. A few questions I want to ask:
1. I just have the head unit. I don't have the power cord or anything. Can I just use the stock power cord that will be connected to the car?
2. Wirering harness-I should be able to just get this at bestbuy or circuit city right?
3. Can I just use clothes hangers unstead of the D things to get the stock unit out? (see I did a search :p )
4. Pretty much the install goes something like: Remove stock unit, get harness, connect, plug (hopefully) stock to the back, and its ready to go?
5. I will probably go buy some pioneers as well. I have the guide to remove the door panels, so that shouldn't be too hard, but should I use aftermarket wiring for them, or keep the stock wiring.

I am no way a professional in installing radios. I haven't ever installed one before, but did take out my old one, and I am mechanically inclined. Thanks for your help. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Check out this link:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/reviews/ISEO-rgbtcspd/mustang_install.html

By the way, you will need the wiring harness that came with your Pioneer deck or else you will be SOL. My understanding is that you cannot buy these anywhere else but from Pioneer direct...many people steal decks and forget the wires...Pioneer will want to make sure you are the lawful owner of that stereo!

Poopie D said:
Check out this link:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/reviews/ISEO-rgbtcspd/mustang_install.html

By the way, you will need the wiring harness that came with your Pioneer deck or else you will be SOL. My understanding is that you cannot buy these anywhere else but from Pioneer direct...many people steal decks and forget the wires...Pioneer will want to make sure you are the lawful owner of that stereo!

The harness is the one with with the multicolor wires right? Because I took that out as well.